[Solved] OSXL threatened - Help us choose

Leon

Help us choose...  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What should we choose ?

• I have just donated to [email protected] - Now go buy the Copyright Removal option
    • Just add the damn copyright and be done with it
    • WTF?, Change the forum software - even if it means downtime
    • Whatever, let them close down OSXL

I've been an inactive member for some time now, but happy to help out. I just donated USD $50, to be used however it best works out.

From the look of the last email from Invision, they have terminated the license, so purchasing the copyright removal tool may not be an option.

I suspect that the 72 hour clock is the end of OSXL on this platform no matter what we try to do.

My opinion, is that we should to try to patch things up with them to keep the forums running and have an orderly, planned migration to another platform.

Hi Leon,

Good luck with this - definitely don't want to see you close down!

I think the long-term plan has to be to migrate away from them, they clearly have no idea how international law works, and have customer service akin to monkeys throwing shit.

That said, if you need to pay the fee in order to keep things running while you figure out the best option to move forward with, go for that.

I've donated towards the cause, and hope the site lives on for many years to come!

EqUaTe

If one reads their last email properly you will see that they terminated the license and even refunded the last renovation. So the 500 will do nothing in regard to that.

But it's enough iirc to get a copy of vbulletin. Use it to transfer the contents of this forum to it and do another donation run to remove their copyright notice. My 0.02€

I know English is not your native language.

The last email from her took away your option to pay the $500. You were given 72 hours to vacate. That's your only option at this point and you need to do whatever is necessary to safeguard your content if possible. There is no longer a choice here.

Your only other recourse is call them on the phone and try to talk to her superior or whoever owns/runs the service. Don't waste any more time with her and don't send any more emails.

They obviously don't want your business. I'm guessing they just brought in a new person who is "cleaning house" or they have decided that maximising revenue is important. Either way, this person is not interested in you as a client.

Hi my name is Guy I have been a member for a while and love your site and what you do.

I don't know much about what's going on because I am not that knowledgeable about websites, bussiness & technicals details.

Hell I don't have A Facebook or Myspace account I barely know how to use the internet.

I just wanted to tell you I support your descision on what you do.

I do not want to see all this hard work go away I enjoy reading about the things you do with OSX for Pc's.

I feel as a member I should tell you what i can or can not do and what I think about what is happening to you.

If I understand you right are you saying that a company that you are dealing with is doing you wrong.

If they are then as a suggestion If I were you I would tell them to shove it up their rear end and find a new company to deal with. If it means being offline for a little bit we members should understand and be patient.

I don't have the funds to help right now I am very poor and I am writing this on a computer at my local library.

I am on a fixed income because I am disabled.I am not asking for your pity or to feel sorry for me.

I am just being truthful with you I don't feel it's right to ignore your plea for.

I want you to know even though I can not help you with money.I would like to support you any way I can.

I will leave my email at the bottom so if you can think :idea:  of anything I can do to help please email me and I will do whatever I can to contribute.I am truly sorry I can't help with money.

Please don't be disappointed with me.I am here to support you the best way I know how.

Please email me Put OSX Pc in subject line so I know its you

:arrow: [email protected]

Hi,

You might want to read the last reply again:

The offer has been rescinded... The license will not be reinstated regardless.

This means your voting options 1 and 2 aren't valid. Even if you raise the $500, they won't let you upgrade, and more than that, you're not able to use even the current version of the software now.

Your only option now is to go with a different software supplier.