[Solved] OSXL threatened - Help us choose

Leon

Help us choose...  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What should we choose ?

• I have just donated to [email protected] - Now go buy the Copyright Removal option
    • Just add the damn copyright and be done with it
    • WTF?, Change the forum software - even if it means downtime
    • Whatever, let them close down OSXL

So does Lindy have complete power as CEO? Maybe he's been drunk for 5 days after his lover left him and his board is berating him right now. Is it worth the effort to reach out to someone else in management to see if there's a different perspective at the company? Maybe he just got fired.... Or maybe he sobered up ;-).

• Administrators

Good news x2

We have reached the 500$ mark ... and even a bit over - _AND_ seems like IPB have accepted the deal.

I have yet to hear from him - but i guess i will get a letter from him sooner or later.

• Like 1

• Administrators

UPDATE:
While we havent recieved an offical word from IPB - we have recieved a payment notification (even with a small rebate) to offically remove the copyright notification.

I want to thank everyone who have donated to make this happen - i am happy to say that OSXL remains online and ads free forever.

We are still counting coins - but with the money that came in we are even able to renew the license for the software.

From whatever is left, i suggest the following options:

1) Add the IP:Chat to OSXL - Yes, you will be able to chat with each other
2) Donate them to other projects whoms technology we all benefit from
3) Make online video of Bronxtech and Herve get drunk ? *bad humor warning*

Again, i want to extend my... our.. gratitude for everyone who took their time and money to make this happen... you all rock! - and you have my promise i will do my best make OSXL the best site for you i can.

-------

Ps.
If anyone would pref. to get their donated money back instead - please send me a PM.. its not alot left.. but some is - and i have no intention of keeping them myself - otherwise they will goto the running cost of the site.

• Like 1

• Administrators

No problem, Leon. I truly was baffled by the reaction - it happens everyday, usually due to a third party theme. It was never a big deal until ... it was made into one. biggrin.png

Glad we could move forward from this and I'm sorry you misunderstood our position.

Past is the past, indeed. Thank you for taking the time to follow up. smile.png

Regards,

Lindy Throgmartin
Management Team

Just got that mail.. i think we should agree that its a settled score and we now try and move forward - both sides mades mistakes - i could have been forthcoming also - tried harder to reach a settlement - but in the end i think we managed to land a good agreement.

Again - i am so proud that in the time of need - our users - you - choose to stand with us - not just for the money - but for the encouragement - and its in situations like this that i am reminded why we founded OSXL - because we wanted to create a  community where we work together, stand together and are a part of something bigger :)

Cheers everyone.

• Like 1