Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

@Jake Lo, i'm using clover without FixRegions, otherwise i've also no battery status with the old driver.

@Dr. Hurt, i've installed this driver on my neighbors Toshiba and it works very well but the log file shows me this: 

Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x10 0x00 0x64, EC=0x10 0x00 0x64

Unknown ALPS touchpad, does not match any known identifiers: E7=0x10 0x00 0x64, EC=0x10 0x00 0x64

That device ID is probably Synaptics, not ALPS. Seeing this message means that the ALPS driver rejected the device and didn't load.

Check the rest of the log or the ioreg and you'll probably find the Synaptics driver loaded.

And yes, Synaptics touchpads are much better than ALPS (at least till V5). They have a much higher resolution and much more advanced firmware.

• Moderators

Tested R4RC2

-  still causes KP for V3 id E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x1d (E6430/E6230/Exx30) 

- KP on El Capitan, Yosemite and Mavericks (boots but causes reboots)

V3 id E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x22 (E7440/E7240/Precision M6800)

- Not as smooth as R4RC1, 2 finger scrolling not work as well, causing right click. 

- 2 finger tapping is hits and misses

Next Build:

- Implemented decay before averaging. Pointer is MUCH smoother.

- Reverted some of the 2-finger changes in my previous build. Results were just too inconsistent.

@Jake Lo:

I'll be releasing a debug version of the next build. Hopefully this'll tell us whats going on.

Does the KP happen when you touch the touchpad? Or while the system is booting?

• Like 1

R4RC3:

- Added DecayingAverage+SimpleAverage together to further stabilise the pointer.

- Re-added some code to possibly fix the KP

- One more fix attempt before reverting 2-finger update

Focus testing on pointer stability while tapping, 2-finger scroll and tap for right click.

@wern: Did you try ACPIBattery v1.6? It fixed some issues I had (cycle count, current)

@Jake Lo: I included the debug version in case this also KPs. I'll be gradually reverting some changes till we identify the cause.

R4RC3.zip

• Like 1