Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

Release 4:

- Added a 0.1 second delay to prevent pointer movement while tapping (accidental drag)

- Updated ALPS profile again

- Reverts, cleanups

This will be my last release for the foreseeable future. The driver is now working well enough for me and I have no time to maintain it further.

Release 4.zip

• Like 1

Thanks a million Dr. Hurt, with Release 4 you've made the biggest improvement, no pointer movement while tapping anymore.

try disable BAT1 and BAT2 with

method (_STA....)

{

//nothing

}

It's already done, else it dosen't work with the old driver, also compared the debug output from battery kext with both drivers, all the same instead of battery status

I've built the old driver with Xcode 7.1 and there is no battery icon, so i have to use Xcode 6 and see if that makes a difference.

And if i unplug the battery and restart without it, and replug the battery after startup all is working as it should.

I've built the old driver with Xcode 7.1 and there is no battery icon, so i have to use Xcode 6 and see if that makes a difference.

And if i unplug the battery and restart without it, and replug the battery after startup all is working as it should.

I build using xcode 6.

Try booting with chameleon. Or disable *all* DSDT fixes in clover and revert battery related changes in the DSDT file.

@Dr. Hurt 

Release v4 is now causing KP on 

V3 id E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x22 (E7440/E7240/Precision M6800)

V3 id E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x1d (E6430/E6230/Exx30) 

Try removing the entire ALPS profile from the plist (but make sure you don't corrupt the plist). Try only on Yosemite for now.

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 (Clover/Yosemite) and I've tried to use Release 4 of this kext (from post 132), but it doesn't work.   Using the touchpad, I can't move the cursor or click... basically nothing works.

I can use RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext (2015-10-29) and everything works EXCEPT 2-finger scrolling, which is really the main thing I want.

Are there any special DSDT and/or config.plist patches that need to be done for this kext to work?   Or something else?

My System:

• System: Dell Inspiron N5110 (15R, Early 2011)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30GHz
  • Graphics: HD3000, 1366x768
  • BIOS: Dell A11
  • Memory: 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333MHz
  • Audio: Intel 6 Series/C200 Series
  • Ethernet: Realtek RTL8101E/RTL8102E
  • Wireless: Azurewave AW-NE773 Atheros AR9280
  • Touchpad: Dell ALPS PS/2 GlidePoint
  • Bootloader: Clover 2.3k_r3292 (legacy)

dmesg output (just the part relating to the touchpad... I can include more if necessary):

VoodooPS2TouchPad Version 2.8.15 loaded...
VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x00
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
VoodooPS2TouchPad Version 2.8.15 loaded...
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SAT0@1F,2/AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI/PRT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD3200BEKT-75PVMT0 Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Yosemite@2
BSD root: disk0s2, major 1, minor 2
ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
USBF:    1.548    AppleUSBXHCI::CreateRootHubDevice  Bus 14 already taken
Found an ALPS V5 TouchPad...
No interval found for . Using 8000000
hfs: mounted Yosemite on device root_device
VM Swap Subsystem is ON
USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 20090516388200000 0xbda 0x138 0x3882, 2
Found an ALPS V5 TouchPad...
ALPS TouchPad Successfully Initialized

N5110 with a V5? Interesting.

I haven't played much with the V5 code. Do other ALPS drivers on this forum work with your V5?

I'll update the V5 code to Linux 4.2 and post here if I have time.

I also think the default profile might need to be cleaned up to a minimal state.