Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

Here's a compiled Version of the ALPS code by Son Vu (sontrg).

It doesn't have any of my fixes or updates yet. Only fixed the compile errors.

V5 users, please tell me if this works.

Jake Lo, please give this a try too.

If this works, I'll be gradually updating it to Linux 4.2, carefully documenting my changes to avoid breaking things like I did before.

Edit: SonVu2 has an extra device id for V5 (they have multiple device ids). Thats the only difference from the last build. Please try this instead.

SonVu2.zip

• Like 1

If this works, I'll be gradually updating it to Linux 4.2, carefully documenting my changes to avoid breaking things like I did before.

EDIT: there was another driver in S/L/E. Here's what happen:

Dr. Hurt

In my HP 14-v065br (ALPS AUI1714, don't know which version) the trackpad is not recognized, the driver works as a mouse.

I guess my machine trackpad is pretty much the same of sequelaw's one (Brazilian HP Pavilion).

Thanks!

@Dr Hurt:

I get the same results I did before (and the same as @biscate and @3ddy just reported)... ie, can't move the pointer via the trackpad.

In case it helps, dmesg shows the following device ID:

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x50, EC=0x73 0x01 0x0d

Also, in addition to the working version I previously reported (in post #142), the version sequelaw attached in post #150 works... although perhaps not quite as well.  I can be more specific if you'd like more info.

• Like 1

Hi Dr Hurt, i tried your kext and it doesn't work. Even the keyboard doesn't work too! My device id according to windows is ACPI\AUI1500. Thank you very much :) Laptop is dv2000.

**Edit** Dr hurt I managed to make it work! Its not really great as i feel that it can be better. Anyway i managed to make it work but editing the info.plist inside the voodoops2 in the HPQOEM under the alpsglidepoint by copying one of the probook and paste it after that changed the value to mine which is 1500. Looking forward for you new kext!

• Moderators

Edit: SonVu2 has an extra device id for V5 (they have multiple device ids). Thats the only difference from the last build. Please try this instead.

Tested on

V3 id E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x1d (E6430/E6230/Exx30) 

- On Mavericks. No side scrolling

- 2 fingers scrolling, but with wide gap between fore and middle fingers

- tab and drag is glitchy, hard to get it to drag

V3 id E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x22 (E7440)

Tested on El Capitan 10.11.1.

- Right click with 2 finger tab - glitchy

- Tab and drag works same as above

- No side scrolling

- No inertia