Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

• Moderators

The gray windows is a known issue on Sierra, but not for El Capitan. Replace the trackpad pane from 10.11.6 or older if you're running Sierra.

Once that's enabled, you could set in preference to enable clicking and dragging.

Kudos Dr. Hurt for this version! It is progress for me. Right edge works ok but bottom was still dead. I set

FingerZ = 1

SwipeDeltaX/Y = 400

and it is perfect for me.

E7440 Rushmore V3

Gestures work, trackpad works all around, 2-finger scroll is perfect, trackstick works with scrolling. After editing above lines it is final version for me. 

If someone wants, feel free to  check it out.

Thank you Dr. Hurt, now I can update to Sierra. This one thing was holding me back.

Your version is working almost perfect. 

Just a little detail: Why inertia isn't working on trackpad? I feel scrolling like old versions (without inertia).

R5rc3 basically is perfect for my dell_14inspiron7420.1_finger/ 2_finger/3finger can work . All edge is working.Only Fn+f4 and Fn +f5 is the same .Brightness can only increase. Capslock have some problems. Toggling the case need improve. After Updating the system to 10.12.1 it don't work for wireless Bcm43224.But i replace the drive(io8200network.kext and io8200network2.kext) to 10.12 .The wireless is working and hd4000 blurred screen is settled.

In compliance with the Apple Public Source Licenseand in respecting the great developers who worked on this before me, the source code for Release 5 has been pushed to my github page.

Release 5 is now *very* similar to Linux 4.7 in terms of how the driver is coded and works.

In fact, anyone with newer hardware (eg. V7) and moderate knowledge of C++ would be able to port the needed code from Linux to Release 5 in a few hours. (Instead of days with the older driver).

Happy hacking, everyone :)

Release 5 final:

- Fix minor bug with newer Dolphin hardware

- Reduce pressure threshold (FingerZ) to 1. 

- Add generic PS2 mouse driver for V6, V7, V8 users.

Release 5.zip

• Like 1

I have a V7 (on my dell e5450) and i can code with c++. can you give some documentation (or some articles, blog posts or anything like that) that help me port the kext.

Sorry for my bad english

In fact, anyone with newer hardware (eg. V7) and moderate knowledge of C++ would be able to port the needed code from Linux to Release 5 in a few hours. (Instead of days with the older driver).

Fn+f4 and fn5 are the same increasing brightness. Can you help me fix it? Thank you very much!

That's a problem with the base PS2 driver.

Apple has changed something and to this day,Rehabman is unable to fix it. (lack of documentation from Apple).

On Sierra 10.12.1 and V3 inertia is little choppy in last phase of scrolling. Same kext (R5) on 10.11.6 is super smooth. Apple changed something?

Known problem in Sierra, even on real Macs using 3rd party mouse.

Device with a mouse wheel (ALPS touchpad scroll acts as a mouse wheel) is jittery especially on apps that have line-by-line scroll.

• Like 1