Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

Sorry, I did a major mistake in test 3 regarding V8 hardware. Deleted the attachment before it causes KPs.

V8 test 4: (same as test 3, but corrected)..

- V8 byte check, fix flags, mask, and maxes.

- Rushmore interrupt handling 

PS. Please anyone writing any post, MENTION YOUR HW VERSION... I can't remember what everyone has :)

Edit: I think I found out exactly whats causing the Rushmore problems when lid is closed. Will add a workaround in the next test.

V8 test 4.zip

• Like 3

Sorry, I did a major mistake in test 3 regarding V8 hardware. Deleted the attachment before it causes KPs.

V8 test 4: (same as test 3, but corrected)..

- V8 byte check

- Rushmore interrupt handling 

PS. Please anyone writing any post, MENTION YOUR HW VERSION... I can't remember what everyone has :)

V8 test 4 work just fine. I suspect my hardware version is up to V7 because it is the first that time trackpad is detected and is enabled with refine kext V7.

May be you tell me how to check hardware version in Ubuntu?

• Like 1

I think you have file/permission corruption. Replace the prefpane with the original *untouched* sierra one.

Or reinstall macOS.

I've never modified anything to the system preferences (I'm using 10.11 BTW).  Also the only change I made to the Touchpad Settings.app that you provided was allowing Accessibility access.  If I didn't do that I would get another error.  Could you advise where I can download the untouched Sierra (or El Capitan in my case) prefpane?

I've never modified anything to the system preferences (I'm using 10.11 BTW).  Also the only change I made to the Touchpad Settings.app that you provided was allowing Accessibility access.  If I didn't do that I would get another error.  Could you advise where I can download the untouched Sierra (or El Capitan in my case) prefpane?

Maybe its a 10.11 related issue. Did anyone else test with 10.11?

Try test 5.