Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

R6B2

Tested on V3 Rushmore, id: E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x1d

El Capitan and Sierra

All works fine except for a few minutes before hanging and auto reboot after

I have this V3 as well on my E6230.  I tested R6B4 and everything works, but both trackpad and keyboard are non-functional following wake from sleep (luckily I could plug into dock and recover without hard shutdown).

Currently using Release 5 which seems to work fine (two finger scroll, up-down, side-to-side) but no two-finger tap or multi-touch gestures.

I have been installing these into EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/other; should I put them in L/E instead?

• Administrators

the hardware probably needs to be re initialized after sleep. on my machine i have a FN function to disable and enable the trackpad. when it becomes unresponsive i disable and reenable it and it comes back on line. but if the keyboard is not functioning that wont  be possible

the hardware probably needs to be re initialized after sleep. on my machine i have a FN function to disable and enable the trackpad. when it becomes unresponsive i disable and reenable it and it comes back on line. but if the keyboard is not functioning that wont  be possible

I do not have the FN key for that but following your approach I have created a shell script as I have given below and set it to run after a wake up. The problem seems to be solved for now; however solving the issue within the kext would be more favourable.

echo "mysudopassword" | sudo -S kextunload -b org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad
sudo kextload -b org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad

Edit: Spoke too soon. After the second sleep-wake up things didn't work and the pc got restarted.

Edit2: Apparently, if you immediately interact with the trackpad whilst the script gets to complete, macOS crashes. Waiting 1-2 secs after the wake up solves the crashing. (you should be using the script I gave above)

There are TWO values for wake delay in the kext.

One in the main ps2 kext (for ps2 controller init after sleep) and the other in the trackpad kext (for the touchpad hw init). I would recommend that you try playing with those values and seeing if it changes anything. (Increase, decreased, remove one/both.. etc)

Also keep console open before sleep. After wake check if the kext has loaded. It should say found touchpad and driver loaded or errors if something goes wrong.

• Like 1

Highlighting text is done using the drag gesture: double-tap (don't lift after 2nd touch) & swipe across text.

If you want to enable drag lock: System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse and Trackpad > Trackpad options > "with drag lock"

It doesn't work: have to press down the trackpad while swipe

System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse and Trackpad > Trackpad options > "with drag lock" not work

also no "3 fingers drag"

I've tried the latest build but I'm having the same problems since Beta 1:

1.  Trackpoint moves very quickly and only right and down, also triggers a right-click down event.

2.  Pinch and Zoom not supported

3.  Two and Three finger left and right swipes not recognized

4.  Two finger vertical scrolling is too fast

5.  Two and three finger clicks don't register about 95% of the time.

Sorry guys, can anyone post the original trackpad prefpane os Sierra please, I made a mistake and don't know how to revert back to original...thank you, wanna try 4.7 on my laptop with correct panel 'cause i replaced it with El Capitan panel