Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

open plist in the trackpad kext (in plugin folder) and increase MultiFingerVericalDivisor and MultiFingerHorizontalDivisor to 13. I think I might have to create a separate profile for Sierra and older OS X since they're so different.

I made the change and although the immediate amount of scrolling on a two-finger tap is reduced, the probability of it registering as a two-finger tap is still the same about 1/20 attempts.

I think the issue here has more to do with the polling interval than the sensitivity of calculated scroll value.  I feel like there should be a brief time period (maybe 100ms) after a tap is made, that no scrolling is interpreted.

• Like 1

I made the change and although the immediate amount of scrolling on a two-finger tap is reduced, the probability of it registering as a two-finger tap is still the same about 1/20 attempts.

I think the issue here has more to do with the polling interval than the sensitivity of calculated scroll value.  I feel like there should be a brief time period (maybe 100ms) after a tap is made, that no scrolling is interpreted.

You just gave me an idea about a possible reason for why things are a bit different between my V3 and your V7 :D

My V3 Pinnacle is set to a sample rate of 40 while V3 Rushmore and V7 are set to 100.

R6B9:

- Set Sample Rate to 40 packets/sec on V7 and V3 Rushmore (not sure if HW will actually accept that command).

- Hopefully fix mistake from last release.

- Fix accidental input while typing. 

As always, test sleep and general performance.

R6B9.zip

• Like 1

You just gave me an idea about a possible reason for why things are a bit different between my V3 and your V7 :D

My V3 Pinnacle is set to a sample rate of 40 while V3 Rushmore and V7 are set to 100.

R6B9:

- Set Sample Rate to 40 packets/sec on V7 and V3 Rushmore (not sure if HW will actually accept that command).

This didn't work for me on my V7, same as last beta.  The last working version for me was R6B7 .

R6B9:

Dr.hurt. A more perfect version for my strange hardware, plz. It will help many people whose laptop contains this hardware.