Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

The sleep problem on some Latitudes is caused by a bad BIOS/EC. (According to Linux ALPS developers)

R6RC2:

- Ignore invalid packets (instead of buffering). FIXED SLEEP ON V7 LATITUDE CONFIRMED BY "bigahega".

(It should fix sleep on V8, V3 Rushmore as well.)

Known issues:

- V7 and V8 tracksticks disabled. (till someone fixes it or helps me fix it)

- V6 not supported.

- As usual, most settings in prefpane won't work. They're not made for ALPS.

Sleep is almost fixed but, for example, for each 3 sleep/wake, there's 1 KP.

Overall performance, excellent.

Thanks Dr. Hurt!

I still have problem with sleep. Work perfectly but touchpad stops responding after waking from sleep, keyboard works normally before and after sleep.

My hw is Dell ALPS touchpad v8, on Dell precision M7510.

That contradicts what you said in your last post. Which version are you using? 

Also, it would be helpful if you check log after sleep to see where its failing.

That contradicts what you said in your last post. Which version are you using? 

Also, it would be helpful if you check log after sleep to see where it's failing.

Dr. Hurt ,

Is there away for me to make adjustments via a plist to the sensitivity when using the 2 finger scrolling ? I keep accidentally opening other things in the path while scrolling.

The sleep problem on some Latitudes is caused by a bad BIOS/EC. (According to Linux ALPS developers)

R6RC2:

- Ignore invalid packets (instead of buffering). FIXED SLEEP ON V7 LATITUDE CONFIRMED BY "bigahega".

(It should fix sleep on V8, V3 Rushmore as well.)

Known issues:

- V7 and V8 tracksticks disabled. (till someone fixes it or helps me fix it)

- V6 not supported.

- As usual, most settings in prefpane won't work. They're not made for ALPS.

ALPS V7 10.11 El Capitan

So far this is the best version as far as system stability and trackpad functionality is concerned.  But I am interested in fixing the following:

- Functional trackstick and trackstick buttons

- Less sensitive trackpad touches.  Currently many single and two finger touches are still treated as brief swipes.  If I really focus on tapping as quickly as possible I can get a 100% detection rate, but during normal activity I find myself causing a few swipes by accident from longer presses.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help resolve these issues.  Previously I have tried your suggestion to alter the timing values in the mouse plist file, but it hasn't had any noticeable impact on the touch detection issue.

Hi everyone.

The lenovo y50 UHD is my very first hackitosh and has an ALPS trackpad.

I put the kexts in the Clover EFI partition of the OSX Installer USB flash drive: /EFI/Clover/kexts/others/ (just waiting for a new HDD to install El Capitan).

I opened Safari in the OS X Installer to test the trackpad. Unfortunately, neither release 4 nor release 5 work. There's no 2 finger scrolling.

The trackpad is also slow. Could be because of the 4k resolution?

How do I detect the ALPS hardware version of the lenovo y50 trackpad? Can it be done from Windows 10?

Is there data I can provide you to include support for the ALPS trackpad of the lenovo y50?

It's a quite popular hackintosh. Several people at insanelymac and other places have been looking for a solution.

Sorry for the really for the stupid questions. It's really my very first hackintosh.

@Dr. Hurt, can you update the source on github with your latest changes in v6? I noticed your Release-6-BETA branch is a little outdated and has some issues with sleep. I'd appreciate the source as I'm currently testing some changes for optimizing the touch input for clickpads (with the button under the trackpad)

Hi, Dr.hurt. I'm glad to tell you that it's worked after I reinstalled  my hackintosh. The R6RC2 is present version of mine. The new preferencePane worked. Tapping , swiping by two fingers and the Mission control are working. But I can't zoom any more. I zoomed whole screen when R5. The same gesture I do just can cause to swiping gesture.(maybe something need to adjust) Whatever I can experience the new software. Thx, Dr.hurt. (my hw version is v5)

• Like 1