Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

post-69301-0-94504500-1495567538_thumb.jpg

Hi,

It's me again, with my tecra z40.

I found in the different posts different versions of the binaries, all of them would crash (kernel panic).

My dmesg gives this

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0xb3 0x22

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: vanquybn your device here ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0xb3 0x22

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint EC Report: { 0x88, 0xb3, 0x22 }

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: ALPS vanquybn type 3

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint EC Report: { 0x88, 0xb3, 0x22 }

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Device initialization failed. Touchpad probably won't work

That's all I see from dmesg. 

update:

Thanks Jake for the pointer. It gives a KP

Here's a photo of the KP.

thanks again

Jake,

You're fantastic man!

In fact, I had a kext in the hidden EFI partition, that I renamed to VoodooPS2Controller.kext.old, but it seems Clover loads it anyway. So I removed it, and now it works.

Brilliant work from Dr Hurt and yourself (and all the other contributors).

Best regards

I am on MacOS High Sierra 10.13(17A264c) with the R6B6 injected with clover 4084.

The Keyboard works well.

But there are some problems with the trackpad

- I Can't move the mouse position

- Some gestures like zoom or rotate Failure(I think that is because my old trackpad)

That's all

• Administrators

Try and copy your driver to /L/E and rebuild your cache as opposed to inject the kext. R4 (or is it R5?) works perfectly for me under 10.13 DP1 on Dell E6230 and E6440. Same once you replace the TrackPad PrefPane to be able to configure add-on stuff like TouchPad clicking.