Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

• Administrators

It would be nice of you to do so without anyone asking and also explain the changes you made. This way, you can pro-actively contribute favourably to this thread and the community.

It just copy&paste.

The R6B6 Jake Lo provided in his bootpack was good, except the trackpad failed on HS.

So I grabbed the trackpad plugin from here and paste to Plugin folder of the R6B6

and I got over the keyboard caplocks and the trackpad prefpane missing from R4 and R5.

Long in short, this is the kext I am using

VoodooPS2Controller-HS.kext.zip

P/s: this trackpad plugin required a little bit more finger touching surface in order to move the mouse

I have an ALPS V7 touchpad in a Toshiba Tecra Z-50 laptop. I used the kext from the earlier post by BronxTeck and what does work with it, works great. However, I cannot click and drag with the bottom left button.

It's a bit of an odd touchpad in that the left and right buttons are not standalone buttons but are part of the pad itself, where you press/click down on the bottom corners. You also get a left-click by pressing down in the center area of the pad, and dragging does work with this input, but it's not exactly easy to click down and drag with that. If you try to do the same thing with the click areas in the corners, it interprets as a double-click when you try to drag.

Is there a way to re-map this in the innards of the kext?

Hello,

Thanks for the driver!

Some feedback (Sony VAIO SZ770 with ALPS touchpad): with the latest version posted here, cursor is not moving at all, touchpad buttons also don't work. With the Release 5 from the 1st page - cursor is moving, but up-down movement is swapped (left-right is ok), touchpad buttons are working. Any ideas how to fix it?

• Administrators

Try and identify your ALPS touchpad version in the boot log. You might have a model not entirely supported by the driver. You can use the following Terminal line command for instance:

e6230:~ admin$ log show | grep ALPS

2017-07-12 20:57:14.208257+0200 0x3daa3    Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (kernel) ALPS: Found a V3 Rushmore touchpad with ID: E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x1d

I've tried log show | grep ALPS - "log: too many arguments"

I have this in logs (w/o any IDs):

7/22/17 20:21:50.000 kernel[0]: ALPS: Found an ALPS V2 TouchPad
7/22/17 20:21:50.000 kernel[0]: ALPS: TouchPad driver started...

• Administrators

Even though post #1 states the drivers support ALPS hardware V1 to V5, I don't think Dr Hurt's R4 and R5 versions support these older ALPS touchpads very well. I could not use these kexts on my old Latitude D630 that also has a V2.

I suggest you try the PS2 kexts I posted in my D620/D630 bootpack thread instead.