Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

Hey friends,

I decided to add proper support to V8 trackpads porting the Linux driver code to Dr.Hurt VoodooPS2Controller and here is the code:

https://github.com/douglas/OS-X-ALPS-DRIVER

I'm by no means a C/Cpp developer (I work mostly with Python/Ruby/PHP) but I will do my best to have it ported soon - if any of you know more about how to port code from linux to osx and can give me a hand, I would really appreciate!

Thanks for everything Jake Lo, RehabMan, Dr.Hurt and all the others that have helped me to finally have my e7270 working!

• Like 2

That is a good news, dsarch! I wish you a good job.

Ive been following the work from Dr. Hurt, Jake Lo, Rehabman, and others a long time. Got my ALPS V8 working (with V6 Beta10 Fixed) only after update to High Sierra (not sure if it was because macOS itself or any of Clover, DSDT, etc. configurations implemented on each new OS version), but now it works quite well and I am very happy.

Still, it's very good having more people working on drivers or patches used by so many people.

• Moderators

Hey friends,

I decided to add proper support to V8 trackpads porting the Linux driver code to Dr.Hurt VoodooPS2Controller and here is the code:

https://github.com/douglas/OS-X-ALPS-DRIVER

I'm by no means a C/Cpp developer (I work mostly with Python/Ruby/PHP) but I will do my best to have it ported soon - if any of you know more about how to port code from linux to osx and can give me a hand, I would really appreciate!

Thanks for everything Jake Lo, RehabMan, Dr.Hurt and all the others that have helped me to finally have my e7270 working!

Can you enable the track stick too?

I know your E7270 doesn't have it, but the larger E7470 does and it'll be nice to have it enabled.

Hello!

I use this Voodoo kext with ALPS V10.115 on Lenovo Yoga 500 (downloaded from this forum and attached below)

All gestures works, but have one issue - dragging works only with one finger, when it clicked to left touchpad button

(Left and right buttons on my touchpad have one surface with touch panel) 

Who know how I can fix it?

Thanks a lot!

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Are you sure the Lenovo has an Alps touchpad and not Synaptics or Elantech?

try Karabiner-Elements app to remap the Fn keys

yes because on windows there is that driver and I only install that. only brightness tones are unpacked but with that program I can not map 2 keys at the same time, ie fn + key up or fn + key down.
how can I do ?