Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

I have a v8 ALPS touchpad and the latest Latest R6 version (compiled by Bronxteck) kext doesn't work? Keyboard and usb mouse if fine, but the trackpad doesn't actually work. In the system prefs it is showing the trackpad options though. Any thoughts?

Literally everything works on the Bronxteck version... but the cursor movement on the trackpad. One finger click and two finger click work great! The right and left click on my physical buttons work! But no cursor movement.. The RC6 has cursor movement but nothing else works.. I need like a combo of the two kexts haha

On 3/19/2018 at 10:38 PM, bisk said:

Hey guys, I really appreciate your suggestions but that karabiner App is way overkill for my wanting to just remap 2 key combos. That thread on the other site that Jake Lo suggested was spot on for what I want to achieve but simply doesn't work. Neither my E6540 nor my E6240 will remap anything based on those tips. I don't see how the op made it happen and everybody involved over there has just disappeared.

Man, why are we having Fn+F3 and Fn+F15 do brightness- and brightness+ when these functions are meant for the Fn+up and Fn+down arrow keys on so many Latitude Dells ?

Everything else maps beautifully !

If anyone is still having problems with this the brightness function on the arrow keys of my E6230 works fine by patching the BRT6 method in the DSDT. This looks like it should be applicable to most Latitude models as many use the same brightness control method. Open your DSDT source file in MaciASL, click Patch, paste the code below in the top section and click apply.

Spoiler

into method label BRT6 replace_content
begin
    If (LEqual (Arg0, One))\n
    {\n
// Brightness Up\n
        Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0366)\n
    }\n
    If (And (Arg0, 0x02))\n
    {\n
// Brightness Down\n
        Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0365)\n
    }\n
end;

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Usually, one needs to identify the ACPI Embedded Controller sequence associated with the key strokes or the PS2 values returned by the key strokes (See Rehabman's repo on the matter). Your patch does not do any of that as far as I can see.

Nevertheless, I've just tried it and I don't see any difference with it. Fn-UP/Fn-DOWN still only control brightness at hardware/LCD level, not at macOS level. This was already the case before I applied your patch and Fn-F3/Fn-Insert remain the only 2 x key strokes that control brightness at macOS level.

As far as I'm concerned, the above patch is either not effective or incomplete. In addition, this patch cannot be applied "as is" to the BRT6 method defined under the dGPU device, only that of the iGPU...

@jpz4085, you should probably post your DSDT and explain what you derived your patch from or how you came to it. Because it seems you send values to the keyboard as opposed to detect key strokes and trigger brightness actions accordingly...😮