Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

I have the ALPS v5 Dolphin Touchpad.

in the attached video I can't open the page when I click on the touchpad, but only if I click the button on the touchpad, the 2 finger gestures work for the scroll and at login every time I press a key it disappears and the pointer reappears, while with Bronxteck I have tried but it behaves in the same way as the kext for mojave, that is when I press on the touchpad it does not work but I have to press the keys of the touchpad, see the video and hibernation are there any fixes?

IMG_0206.MOV.zip VoodooPS2Controller-Mojave.kext.zip

• Administrators

Clearly, the mouse PrefPane is not going to be of any help for your TouchPad.

The kexts I refered you to normally enables the TrackPad PrefPane, provided it's been installed properly. You may have done somethign wrong in that respect.

• Administrators

It seems you opted for a RC version as opposed to the final version. But maybe the kext no longer gets the TouchPad properly recognized under Mojave. I'd need to check on my E6230.

Edit: confirmed! TouchPad fully recognized by the TrackPad PrefPane under HiSierra, not under Mojave 10.14.5. I'm pretty sure it was under initial version of Mojave so it must have stopped somewhere between 10.14.1 and 10.14.5...