Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

plz implement support for this ALPS-Touchpad?

If it is a precision trackpad then it will have the multitouch gestures. If not, you will get basic mouse emulation. Refer to the thread Jake has asked you to and provide the requested stuffs.

The 5580 touchpad is I2C connection.

Haha! It is hell of a machine. Hybrid I2C/PS2 interface along with shared I2C/PS2 interface as if one was not enough to deal with!

Hey guys, I really appreciate your suggestions but that karabiner App is way overkill for my wanting to just remap 2 key combos. That thread on the other site that Jake Lo suggested was spot on for what I want to achieve but simply doesn't work. Neither my E6540 nor my E6240 will remap anything based on those tips. I don't see how the op made it happen and everybody involved over there has just disappeared.

Man, why are we having Fn+F3 and Fn+F15 do brightness- and brightness+ when these functions are meant for the Fn+up and Fn+down arrow keys on so many Latitude Dells ?

Everything else maps beautifully !

Would this be relevant if I'm trying to enable gestures on an e7470 on High Sierra? 2-finger tap and 2-finger scroll work, but more than 2 fingers don't seem to work. Is it perhaps a hardware limitation?

When I go into System Preferences, the Trackpad pane says "Looking for a trackpad, no trackpad detected"

I have been having rebooting problems that I think maybe related to the Alps touchpad. Here is some background first.

I have a E6420 with Sierra installed from the Clover boot pack. On rare occasions I have seen behavior where I first notice the mouse pointer acting erratically. Shortly after, the laptop will usually reboot but sometimes hang. After reboot all is well again. At the time, I thought that this could be something with memory. The frequency of this happening was such that it didn't bother me.

I am now using a E6330 with High Sierra and the same behavior seems to be occurring more often. The occurrence appears to be random and I can go quite awhile without seeing this. I swapped some memory around thinking it might affect it but it didn't appear to make a difference. As a test, I put in Rehabman's latest VoodooPS2Controller knowing that it would not support the touchpad and using a Magic Mouse instead. So far, I have not had the unexpected reboot.

I do like the way the touchpad operates with the driver from the boot pack. I think it works better than the Windows driver. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this and maybe has a suggestion for a fix or an alternative course of action.