Dr. Hurt

Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

AfaiK, the kext never handled those late ALPS Touchpad versions very well. It's been stated by Dr Hurt himself in previous pages.

Last compiled version (by Bronxteck, available on p1) supports TouchPad & TrackPoint for the V3 ALPS hardware fitted to my Latitude E6440:

• V3 Rushmore Touchpad with ID: E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x22

What should I do? Can I edit or modify? I'm using last version to (broncteck) but my trackpoint and click right/left doesn't work, I have Toshiba portege Z30-A sir

Afaik, nothing you can do apart from developping the code for ALPS V7... Try and contact DrHurt directly maybe. He visits this forum and InsanelyMac's too.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but I am working to get my touchpad working correctly.  

I remember installing a prefPane a long time ago.  Oddly, in Mojave, even with dark theme set, the prefPane is white themed, I assume because whatever prefpane I installed a while back was made before Mojave came out with themes.

Does anyone here know how I can install the most recent prefpane, the one from Mojave?

Also, I'm having the problem where when I reverse the scroll direction in the mouse menu, it also reverses it in the trackpad menu.  This makes it impossible to scroll the natural way using the trackpad, but the Windows way when using a mouse.

If Tap-to-Click and 2-finger tap don't work, then your best option is an external (cordless) mouse.

If you have a V3 to V5 TouchPad, clearly go for the latest R6 (compiled by Bronxteck) available on p1. V7 and V8 TouchPads are not properly supported.