[SOLVED] No audio on Yosemite 10.10.4/5 with E6420 NVidia

nisi80

Hello,

I followed this guide (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-e6xxxe7xxx-yosemite-install-guide/) successfully and everything except the audio is working.

I tried all the Kexts delivered in the download files (AppleHDA), but there is no audio output device available and the speaker icon is grayed out all the time. I tried also VoodooHDA (from another guide for the Intel HD3000 version of the Latitude) and HDAEnabler, but both are not working

I read something about HDMI audio and I have also in the system information some Intel audio component, but on Mavericks my built-in soundcard and the speakers were working.

Is there anybody, who can support me?

• Administrators

Where and how did you install the patched audio kext?

Patched AppleHDA must replace the vanilla version in /S/L/E. Then permissions must be repaired and caches rebuilt. VoodooHDA + HDADisabler kexts still work from /E/E in Yosemite.

I replaced the vanilla version in /S/L/E with KextWizard and do a full rebuild of the permission and the contained Kexts. Another try was the VoodooHDA and HDAEnabler in the /E/E folder, but both did not work.

Do I have to install all Kexts at the same time? I thought I have to go one of the ways or the other.

Or do I have to change my Org.chameleon.Boot.plist with HDAEnabler=true for one of the both variants?

I finally got it working  :-P

I used the VoodooHDA.kext from this guide https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6935-guide-e6420-os-x-yosemite-10100-finalgm-3pb-4/installed it in /S/L/E and removed AppleHDA.kext.

I found also a myHack.kext from the previous Mavericks installation, which also influenced the kext structure with an integrated AppleHDA, which was always loaded, even when I deleted the AppleHDA from the original guide.

Thank you for the hints!!!