E5450 Broadwell UEFI Clover install help

lemming

Hi

Nothing at all seems to happen when when I plug the headset in. Internal speakers continues to be the only output option.

Some of the people at work have a dock. I'll check Mon or Tue next week.

In the mean time - the latest VoodooHDA works with headphones and has auto switching. 

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

One more question...did you plug in the headset before or after system has sleep and wake?

Audio switching won't work after sleep, so can you test it right after you boot up the first time and confirm your findings?

After sleep, to get headset detected, you need to plug it in, place system in sleep and wake it up. Do the same from internal speaker after you unplug the headset.

For the dock headset, it won't detect it unless you boot with system docked or plug in the headset, put system to sleep and then wake. 

Hi

I've been trying to replace VoodooHDA with AppleHDA_ALC293 and CodecCommander to test out the sound issues again, but can't do it.

They were working before, but now I can't seem to get it to work.

I've removed AppleHDADisabler and VoodooHDA, removed the VoodooHDA preference pane and VoodooHdaSettingsLoader, and installed AppleHDA_ALC293 and CodecCommander to S/L/E with Kext utility, but on reboot, the speaker icon is greyed out, and system preferences says no output devices found.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks for the continued support.

I was able to get the sound working by enabling legacy mode in the BIOS.

Whether I'm using the new file provided (many thanks) or the one previously supplied, sound works exactly the same.

Without previously supplied CodecCommander.kext:

Headphone auto detection works well. Headphones continue working well even after sleep (doesn't matter if they're plugged in on wake or not). Only issue is, internal speakers do not work after sleep.

With previously supplied CodecCommander.kext:

It works really well, and speakers work fine after sleep. The only issue is that headphone jack detection only works from sleep. Ie. If I want to change to headphones, I need to plug them in, press the power button to go to sleep, the wake it a few seconds later and it works fine. Then, to go back to internal speakers, I have to take the headphones out, go back to sleep, then wake.

Any ideas?

Also, any idea why the computer reboots itself if I leave it for too long?

I've also ordered a DW-1560 WiFi module, so will hopefully have a fully working laptop shortly.

Thanks

• Moderators

Glad you got the headset working, thanks for indicating the change. I have legacy mode on my BIOS by default so didn't have this issue.

Yeah, what you describe is exactly how I'm experiencing it too. Not sure if this can be fix as it's a known issue with Realtek EADP, but I'll ask Joe82 who patched this.

Reboot issue is known on Broadwell with Yosemite. Upgrade to El Capitan and the issue is gone. It's available to public today as a matter of fact. Go download from the App Store, it's free.

Glad you decide to go with the DW1560, hopefully the price is not as bad as you listed earlier. Will work flawlessly once you have the right kexts install.

Have you tested HDMI video and audio?

Hi

Am in Japan atm, so may not have a chance to try HDMI audio until Tuesday, however I know HDMI video works fine.

I remember you gave me a separate SSDT for HDMI audio, but I removed it for some reason. I think there was also an edit in the config.plist

I'll have to go back and look it over.

I'll give the upgrade to El Capitan a go. Are there any issues I need to be aware of? I guess it's pretty straight forward with clover...

The DW-1560 worked out to USD $40 including delivery to Australia, just have to wait a week or two for postage from Singapore.

I'll let you know how I go.