GUIDE on Dell Latitude E6410 - Yosemite - nVidia/Intel needs update...

bartrap

Dear All, can somebody please update the guide (=Dell Latitude E6410 - Yosemite - nVidia/Intel on osxlatitude) to a version that is working witch the Yosemite installer app as you get it now in the app store ?

I see that many people get the same panic screen when one follows this guide correctly....

Chameleon-2.3svn-r2716 is the latest one used with the scripts used from the guide.

screendump of panic attached...

Much appreciated

post-1549-0-98072100-1440970308_thumb.jpg

Hi Hervé, bonsoir, thanks for your reaction. I have recently followed a clover guide to put Yosemite on a HP 4540s Probook (this week) which was a thrilling thing to do and worked out nicely. However; I miss basic knowledge on various subjects (how to...  kexts, dstd, plist) unfortunately so I have to do my homework. I see on this site one can also leave a request for a boot pack, in this case for the Dell E6410. Should I do that or can you recommend me to look more into "Learn to do everything myself"... In case of the latter option, What and where do you recommend me to look for the basics ?

Salut,

Bart

• Administrators

Ouh... where to start?

You could start looking at out EDP->Documentation pages. There are also excellent AIO guides at InsanelyMac that I can recommend. However Hackintoshing is a never-ending redo-it-all-again kind of adventure so you learn something new everyday...

One thing strikes me in your above picture: I see OS X version 14F27 (i.e. Yosemite 10.10.5), yet Darwin version is 14.0.0, i.e. kernel of Yosemite 10.10(.0). That's rather odd...

Hi again; Is there some sort of Hackers-guide-to-the-Hackintosh that describes a-z like How to Kext, How to DSDT, How to Clover, How is the OSX build up, How to handle my wife (oops sorry).

But seriously; on every board I find pieces of the puzzle; have built about 5 or 6 systems, but with a lot of discomfort on not having a real good piece of literature that I can fall back to to read into matters that are interesting and needed to know to build the the good built for a particular machine.

Salut,

Bart