Dell latitude E6400 AGPM editing Yosemite

robi62

Hi guys I have been experimenting with AGPM editing for this laptop with nvidia quadro 160m which is a version of geforce 8300m. I have managed to get all setting for video card from 180 to 580 then depending on use it goes up or down.

Problem arises after waking up from sleep it will stay on highest always. I have edited dsdt and put GFX0 instead of agp but still the same no changes.

Any of you more experienced might point me in the right direction i hope ?

Im using smbios of macbook 5.1 same cpu specs as mine P8600 2.4 ghz by the way speedstep works native

post-4953-0-85255900-1441213898_thumb.jpg post-4953-0-18489000-1441213911_thumb.jpg

dsdt.zip

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip

• Administrators

By the way, you probably would not get anywhere with DSDT editing and renaming APG device to GFX0 on a MacBook5,1 SMBIOS profile; If you check your AGPM Info plist, you should see that the entry associated with that model only caters for the integrated chip (IGPU).

You really should opt for a MacBookPro5,1 SMBIOS profile, tune the system as per the dedicated thread and article, then proceed with AGPM tuning.

• Administrators

True, but during performance tests we ran a couple of years ago, we did notice that MBP5,1 profile face a better performance and GPU throttling than the MB5,1.

Regarding DSDT, the file you posted refers to Device (AGP) and you said you renamed it to GFX0. Isn't the case any more?

Anyway, you know what to do now, the AGPM tuning thread should be sufficiently explanatory.

I really think problem lies with dsdt too many igpu entries so I think I will give it a miss or I don't make laptop go to sleep .......

or I just use my probook 4430s and use  E6400 only with windows......

I have just extracted a untouched dsdt of my laptop and funnily enough there are no entries on igpu ????/

So whats that about????

DSDT 2.aml.zip

• Administrators

Everything is absolutely normal. For graphics, the raw DSDT uses Device (VID), itself under Device (AGP). If you read my AGPM tuning thread, you'll notice the D630's DSDT is identical in that respect.

I would recommend you forget about modding the DSDT and simply add an entry for Vendor10deDevice in the MB5,1 section of the AGPM kext's Info plist, adjust control-id to 18 and, in all ikelyhood, Bob's your uncle!

If it did not work, move to MBP5,1 instead of MB5,1.