HP Pavilion Elite e9270t 10.10.x

fallen00sniper

Thanks, I'm trying that now and I'll post the result, currently using kept wizard to repair permissions and rebuild kext caches.

Assuming this works and I get sleep/wake working what's next to increase performance and possibly get hdmi audio working?

Can I get some help with a dsdt or maybe there are other things I could do?

Hopefully this key and smc version will let my gpu operate at a normal temp, been getting overheat alert from hardware monitor.

just ordered this, so hoping it works out, i've read the ti is oob, but going to have to download the drivers from nvidia or make some patches i guess, will work well with my linux and windows 7 install and hopefully make it easier to leave windows behind and game on linux.

EVGA GTX 660 SuperClocked 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card 02G-P4-2662-KR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4GH3396553

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think so

thanks, rebooting now to see if it worked, will update this post with the result.

still showing 1.54f36, but the system is a little snappier, i'll time the boot and see if there is any improvement there, i'll also try sleep/wake.

Sleep/wake is still broken and the boot time is still slower than nullcpupowermanagment 1m59s, really thinking I should revert and use sleep enabler.

Going backwards instead of forward here.

• Administrators

oh wait if your using clover, fakesmc uses clovers built in values. if you do not wish to use those values you have to remove the clover section in fakesmc plist

<key>Clover</key><dict>
<key>BEMB</key>
<array>
<string>BEMB</string>
<string>flag</string>
</array>
<key>EPCI</key>
<array>
<string>EPCI</string>
<string>ui32</string>
</array>
<key>RBr</key>
<array>
<string>RBr</string>
<string>ch8*</string>
</array>
<key>REV</key>
<array>
<string>REV</string>
<string>{rev</string>
</array>
<key>RPlt</key>
<array>
<string>RPlt</string>
<string>ch8*</string>
</array>
</dict>

oh wait if your using clover, fakesmc uses clovers built in values. if you do not wish to use those values you have to remove the clover section in fakesmc plist

<key>Clover</key><dict>
<key>BEMB</key>
<array>
<string>BEMB</string>
<string>flag</string>
</array>
<key>EPCI</key>
<array>
<string>EPCI</string>
<string>ui32</string>
</array>
<key>RBr</key>
<array>
<string>RBr</string>
<string>ch8*</string>
</array>
<key>REV</key>
<array>
<string>REV</string>
<string>{rev</string>
</array>
<key>RPlt</key>
<array>
<string>RPlt</string>
<string>ch8*</string>
</array>
</dict>

Oh, thanks for the tip, I'll back that section up and see what happens after removing it and report back.

i noticed them, but didn't give it much thought...

hdmi audio does work with nvidia cards right?

kind of a little worried i didn't research the gtx 660 well enough before ordering it.

that did the trick for changing the smc version, now to see if sleep/wake is working properly.

sleep finally worked, however wake did not from clicking my mouse, maybe the power button would have?

ok so using every piece of available information, here and in googling, i decided to stick with 1.54f36 since it matches my cpu and iMac 11,1 is really close to my system.

boot time dropped to an all time low of 1m47s.

this could be because i edited my chameleon smbios.plist to match what clover has been given and let clover configurator fill in some blanks.

so finally what seems a step forward, i'll test sleep/wake later.

really think i need a dsdt, not much faith in clover on the fly dsdt patching since i haven't seen anything change to show it is working, i think that should get done before i install the nvidia gtx 660 so others with this system can have the ease of install.

i find myself having a hard time understanding some of this stuff when it comes to the dsdt, maybe someone with more experience can step forward and help or at most request files needed to make the edits, tell me what i need to look for or if i even need one?

after messing about the acpi section of clover, i found generate cstates and pstates, set fast boot (booting slower ironically) and after booting my system even seems to run noticeably better after the initial 5 minutes or so of slow, a few times it was better right away.

i've verbose booted and watched, the bluetooth transport is causing my boot time to be about 1 minute slower than i think it could be since i don't have bluetooth anyway to disable iobluetooth and or bluetooth transport unless chosen to be enabled at boot?

i've googled, but didn't see anything relevant enough to know it would solve it.

also found to get alc888.kext to work i need a dsdt edit so i can drop voodoohda, already dropped tcssync and unchecked some things in clover that were for other boards and found a script for clover by toleda to make a patch for applehda so sound would persist after updates.

if anyone knows, help would be appreciated.

Found a guide to fix the bluetooth issue, removing the offending kexts caused it to boot faster, also found a possible fix for sleep/wake, hoping it works as 1.54f36 won't sleep as 1.54f33 did even though it is listed as the correct version.

Will reset to 1.54f33 when I have a chance and test sleep/wake, if the plist edit does not work, then I'm not sure what else to try.

Hopefully this change doesn't slow my system as 1.54f36 gets along with my video card nicely, maybe I should just use sleep enabler or a different patch, is there another way?

• Administrators

i do not recall if you are using nullcpu.kext that would break sleep. also did you try the 

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

command. also remove the sleep image. it shows the path to it  if you do a pmset -g then just sudo rm -rf /path showed by pmset -g

i do not recall if you are using nullcpu.kext that would break sleep. also did you try the 

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

command. also remove the sleep image. it shows the path to it  if you do a pmset -g then just sudo rm -rf /path showed by pmset -g

i am using the stock cpu power management as herve said is supported, i didn't know about that command, but i have been away from home for the last week and i need to upgrade my power supply for the new video card.

should i try that command when i get home still?