E6410 nVidia - El Capitan

quantan

First of all, thanks for creating a new topic for discussing on El Capitan E6410 :)

Make sure you have AHCI set in the BIOS.

I already set AHCI in the BIOS. I spent some hours and know the reason :D. El Capitan somehow doesn't work well with USB 2.0. I had to use patched DSDT (change ECHI to EHC1) then I can install it successfully. I will continue to fix some missing kext issue left.

Anyone else here installing El Capitan? :D

Disable hibernation and remove sleepimage file, as usual.

Thanks. I've tried with these but the sleep doesn't really work. The fan still spins while sleeping but I'm comfortable with it.

It would be nice if the patch DSDT was supplied, I'm encountering the same problem with Yosemite and the same laptop

USB patch: As Hervé said above, I just search and replace EHCI to EHC1.

Battery patch: Some guys here and I had issue with battery. Then I ask RehabMan about this issue and he told me that the problem is the second battery object in DSDT, but is not present. Disable it by:

into method label _STA parent_label BAT1 replace_content begin Return(0) end;

Other patches (optional): Use Dell E6410 in http://olarila.com/forum/packs.php. Be careful to remove patches related to EHCI because they don't work any more. Use the USB patch above. Actually I'm not sure what these patches do but there's not harm in trying.

It seems no one else installs El Capitan on E6410 here :D. Everything now works for me except Sleep  :mrgreen:

Hi Quantan. Can you give some indications how you proceeded to install El Capitan on your E6410. I would like to do the same if it is not too complicated.