quantan

not to complicated,

i'll post a guide soon.

i have not a full working dell e6410,

not working:

ssdt

battery

brightness

alarila is over quota about mail, no activation mail send, so no account, so can't see dsdt patch used.

please quantan, what are patches used ?

Lads, i will be having some spare time soon and am willing to try it out any guide.

Whoever has a caddy on the side, you can benefit a lot by having a UEFI Windows 10 installation on the first disk, where one can put Clover there, and leave OS X completely Stock/Vanilla on the other disk.

Our Dell seems to be interested only in the Windows type of EFI implementation, therefore its GPT scheme is not the same as the standard.

While standard GPT creates an EFI partition in the beginning of the disk, Dells do not seem to be looking there.

Here's a view of the Windows EFI scheme (notice the 2nd Disk, which is my OS X, it has a Standard scheme)

Manual EFI entries in the Dell Bios work if you apply the correct path for EFI, and it's pretty easy as all you have to do is reverse engineer Windows EFI path.

Really looking forward to this thread :).

Maminx : yes, from Mavericks to Yosemite, update your bootloader (surely chameleon) and create a usb installer.

The guide Will explain the method with clover and support for Yosemite and el capitan.

I'll try to post it on saturday.

Cheers

Hi Quantan. Can you give some indications how you proceeded to install El Capitan on your E6410. I would like to do the same if it is not too complicated.

Hi. I just follow the AIO Guide from pokenguyen. Reference: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/

Remember to patch USB for your DSDT. If not, the USB installer will not work.

please quantan, what are patches used ?

I already listed them in https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8347-e6410-nvidia-el-capitan/&do=findComment&comment=53247

i tried patch listed. (without uhci and ehci patch)

changed ehci to ehc1

put battery patch you have done in previous reply

also have removed all warnings in dsdt

not working battery management

not working brightness

not working FN keys (no more trackpad and keyboard after have pressed FN keys)

not working shutdown (motherboard still powered)

i haven't tested yet hdmi audio

i use voodoohda 2.8.8 for audio

Im having an issue guys, So I patched the DSDT and the el capitan installer gets past the root device not found and recognizes all my usb ports. The problem is when I boot into the installed El Capitan, the usb ports are not working. TLDR: Installer has USB Capabilities, Installed Copy does not.