Snow Leopard D630/Nvidia Installation

spotter

I can get SL installed on my D630 using method #2 http://www.osxlatitude.com/creating-a-usb-pen-with-osx-installation/

However.

It can't shutdown or reboot (i.e. just hangs with a black screen when tries to do that from the installer)

It doesn't see my wired ethernet (I expected it to not see my wireless, intel abg), but no wired ethernet makes it a pain to get stuff onto and off of the laptop.

when I reboot into the OS via the USB it works, but when I then go to install EDP 1.9.1 (i.e. 1, 7 for D630/Nvidia) and Chameleon (via the EDP (think this is 3, then whatever option is for Chamelon). I still can't shutdown, but on reboot, chamelon is there, so I can boot via the HD. However, I can no longer get into the machine (i.e. it boots, but pops up the message that the machine has to be powered down and rebooted, but doing it doesn't cause the message to go away on next boot). I don't know if this EDP or chamelon.

I'm running the A17 bios. I tried the hacked bios listed here, but that kills my USB (literally, if anything is plugged into USB on boot, the machine hangs, I had to boot via a CD and reflash to A17 to get it working again).

I'm new to this, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.

yes, did that (well at least -v). It appeared to be dying at FakeSMC (kernel panic or something).

I did a reinstall, by removing the FakeSMC from the extensions folder for nvidia 630/nvidia and replacing the dsdt.aml with the one from https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/17-vanilla-dsdt-collection/page__st__20__p__2262#entry2262.

I also, had it basically use defaults for everything (apple stuff, no speedstep....)

Now, everything appears to work, except for sound and for some reason apple's info app is claiming its running at 1.1ghz

not sure, now about this mac shows 2.01ghz (also upgraded to 10.6.8, which was painful in and of itself, as it had to reboot many times to actually get in, eventually worked with an ignore cache option from chameleon). Then, ended up with no mouse support so had to find a usb one.

still have no sound though, so that's confusing me a bit, especially as I had sound before I installed EDP (i.e. during initial setup after the install reboot I heard sound in the background).

not sure, now about this mac shows 2.01ghz (also upgraded to 10.6.8, which was painful in and of itself, as it had to reboot many times to actually get in, eventually worked with an ignore cache option from chameleon). Then, ended up with no mouse support so had to find a usb one.

still have no sound though, so that's confusing me a bit, especially as I had sound before I installed EDP (i.e. during initial setup after the install reboot I heard sound in the background).

I tried an installation without the dsdt I linked to above (i.e. just the one built into EDP 1.9.1) and it booted, but ended up with me looking at a black screen (machine seemed alive, but I didn't try to shut it down cleanly by pressing power button, then hitting enter). Once I replaced it with the dsdt above, it worked perfectly EXCEPT for the fact that I still don't have sound and have no idea why VoodooHDA isn't loading (kextstats doesn't show it).