Question about Yosemite or Mavericks for 6220

radu_brd00

Is it possible to install Mavericks or Yosemite on my 6220 with core i3-2310m processor ? i have tried to search around but couldn't really find any helpful information...only the core i5 model, i am a complete and utter noob when it comes to osx i only installed it once in a virtual machine but i would really need to run it on my notebook as it would help me a lot not to go buy a real mac, so could someone please help me with a step by step guide for this specific processor model or what could i do ? thanks in advance.

Specs are :

core i3-2310m - 2.10 Ghz

ram - 4 gb

hdd - 250 gb / 2 partitions one with windows 10 second would be osx if possible dual boot if not single boot osx

backlit keyboard

wifi is the 6205 i dont mind if it wont work i can change that later

the rest are the standard e6220 specs ...

• Administrators

Whether i5 or i3, You can install recent OS X versions on the Sandy bridge-based E6220. You can follow the guides posted here (there are a few - click on my signature link for instance), only the SSDT file used to manage CPU power management is specific to the CPU; as such, if you don't find a pre-existing one for your i3-2310M, you can very easily create one using the well-know generator tool.

• Administrators

There are ways to create a USB installer from Windows but I've never attempted it myself. I don't have any links readily available and the name of tool to use eludes me, but you should find details of the method through a Google search. The alternative is to use a Virtual Machine.