cant boot after updates

john67

just dusted of my latitude d520 and it advised there was updates waiting. so i updated and now its stuck on the apple screen with the clock. the clock still moving as tho its doing something but been like it for an hour.

is it possable to remove updates as i need it to create my hack snow leopard disk. at moment its got lion 10.7.5 on it

• Administrators

No, you can't undo the update, especially if it has not fully completed, which can be the case until 1st post-update reboot has completed.

Try and boot in verbose mode and without cache (i.e. boot with flags -f -v) to see if it'll boot to completion or see where it stops.

• Administrators

Try safe mode, adding -x flag to the above ones.

Failing that, no idea... What updates did you install? I'm not aware of any 10.7.5 updates that broke a D620/D820 installation, one based on myHack at least...

Maybe you'll have to re-install Lion totally. 

Try safe mode, adding -x flag to the above ones.

Failing that, no idea... What updates did you install? I'm not aware of any 10.7.5 updates that broke a D620/D820 installation, one based on myHack at least...

Maybe you'll have to re-install Lion totally.

tried that herve but still hangs,

just reinstall and straight away updates available

updates are as follows:

ilife support

remove desktop client

mac osx update 10.5.8

itunes

• Administrators

???  :shock:

You said you were running Lion... Now you talk about updates for 10.5.8? Are you running Leopard? This is a version we don't support here, it's too old. Most Hackintosh sites no longer do either.

You'll have to get up to SL through other means such as Nawcom's ModCD/ModUSB before you can build a myHack USB installer. Then I suggest you keep that USB key safe somewhere. Since you already run Leopard, opt for the ModUSB, that'll be easier:

1) restore your SL retail disk image to a USB key

2) run ModUSB to make it a bootable installation key

3) copy the D520 bootpack as /Extra folder on the USB key