Dell Latitude E6420 - Yosemite 10.10.5

llinards

Hello everyone.

I have a PC - Dell Latitude E6420 (BIOS: A21, i5 - 2520M 2,5Ghz, nvidia NVS 4200m , 4GB RAM, 240 GB HDD).

I followed by this guide to try install Yosemie (10.10.5) on my PC - https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-e6xxxe7xxx-yosemite-install-guide/

Created USB installer stick. Used -v -f boot flags to start installation. Everything completed well. I got this error about " "Can't find /System/Library/Kernel/Kernel". Again booted up with usb, completed steps mentioned in guide above. After that I restarted my PC and tried to boot in to freshly installled system (using the same flags and usb stick) but I got error like this:

78MEXcC.jpg

I have disabled "optimus" in BIOS. 

I tried another way - I reinstalled system and when I was getting "cannot find kernel" I booted up using usb stick, fixed this error and also installed bootloader, all kexts from bootpack (everything what is mentioned in guide above) then I restarted system and was able to boot system without usb stick but no kexts were running. Sleep/audio/audio controls/screen brightness do not work. :( Only graphics and wifi work (replaced wifi card). For DSDT I'm using "Wern  DSDT for Nvs4200M " from guide above. If I tried to change it, again error about "SuperIODevice".

I'm little confused what to do now because on E6220 I was able to get everything work using bootpack kexts in this guide. 

I'm new to this "hackintosh" thing so I guess I'm missing something here but I can not understand currently what is it. 

Thank you! :)

• Moderators

If you have Optimus disabled, then use Wern's DSDT. 

If you have it enabled, then it depends on your display resolution. Select one of these and rename to DSDT.aml

E6420/E6520 Optimus Enabled = DSDT-off.aml  ; Check Optimus in BIOS, low Res 1366x768 and below

E6420/E6520 Optimus Enabled = DSDT-off_2ch.aml  ; Check Optimus in BIOS, higher Res 1600x900 and higher