[SOLVED] Help Bat Status on two Latitude

tutorial

At first it didn't help, but then I noticed that I could boot with Chameleon and the battery status worked.  I had installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext in both /E/E and /S/L/E, so I removed the copy in /S/L/E (was version 1.55) and left your version in CLOVER/kexts.  That fixed the problem and I have my battery status working under Clover again  :-P

Thanks for your help.  There is conflicting guidance on various forums about what kexts should be installed into /S/L/E vs what should stay in the boot loader folders.  I guess one just has to be patient and experiment with both options.  But hopefully this helps others with the same issue I had.

try this if it's not done already

into method label _STA parent_label BAT1 replace_content begin Return (Zero) end;
into method label _STA parent_label BAT2 replace_content begin Return (Zero) end;

Not sure where this patch goes.

I have managed to install Yosemite on my 6420, using a older guide, a hi res DSDT from Herve's Mavericks Guide, and a ssdt for an i5-2520.

Bat staus is not working. Bat status and percentage shows up in menu after boot, but then only has a "X" in the indicator after A/C adapter is removed, and percentage is missing. 

Now if I can just get bat status, and sleep working. :)

• Moderators

Launch DSDT.aml with Maciasl. Set the preference to ACPI 4.0. Close and relaunch DSDT.aml. Click on Patch, paste the above code in the window and click on Apply.

For Clover, make sure NewWay and FixRegions are disabled. They tend to cause battery status with an 'X' for this model.

• Like 1

Launch DSDT.aml with Maciasl. Set the preference to ACPI 4.0. Close and relaunch DSDT.aml. Click on Patch, paste the above code in the window and click on Apply.

For Clover, make sure NewWay and FixRegions are disabled. They tend to cause battery status with an 'X' for this model.

Is this correct?

post-68230-0-16473800-1448487414_thumb.png