[Solved] E6430 HD4000 Yosemite screen artifacts BIOS A12

scram69

Like the title says, I have a 6430 1366x768 HD4000 (not Nvidia) running 10.10.5 and Clover r3193 on BIOS A12 with screen artifacts.  They look just like the picture in this post.  Unfortunately, that thread was "solved" with the original poster replacing the motherboard   :-(   I have also tried BIOS A16 and A11.

I believe I have the Clover setup configured correctly as I use the same setup (with appropriate DSDT/SSDT) on my 1366x768 E6230 HD4000 with BIOS A12 which works beautifully.  

Before I re-load windows and sell the thing, does anyone have any suggestions of what I might try?

I just picked up another E6430 and HD4000 with Bios v13.  I used Jake Lo's guide and ended up with artifacts on BIOS v13 and then v11.  I backed down to BIOS v3, then v7.  With v7, I only get artifacts on the boot screen.  When I am home again, I'll try v11 again, then v12 and report back.

I suspect that once v13 is flashed, you need to drop down to a version that resets the bios completely to get rid of artifacts.

Hi leppy nice to see you back again :)

Thanks, Bronxteck!  

Update:  I am back up to Bios V12 - no artifacts.  I added the IOGraphicsFamily.kext from Jake's guide and that took care of the boot screen glitching too.

It's a HD4000 E6430 with a 2.7 i5 and a 1366x768 screen on BIOS A12 running 10.10.5, and it's as near perfect a hack as I've ever had.  Artifacts were very bad before reverting the bios down to V3.

Nice work, guys.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Confirmed working for me too!

Downgraded to A03, OS X won't boot. Upgraded to A07, I was able to boot again on Clover. Then upgraded to A12, all is still good. 

So I decided to try A13 and see how it goes, bam! Artifacts!

I then downgraded by to A12 without an issue so far.