10.11 on m4400

Digiscales

Hi anyone had any luck getting it working on m4400. I made usb installer with universal osx installer v3 it boot fairly far but after usb renumeration timeout it hangs wating for root device using enoch r2760. I have replaced ECHI EHC1 in DSDT using MACiASL. Help please if you can thanks

I have fully working el capitan on M4400. Only thing needed is boot with -v, immediately after USB light on your pen drive stops blinking put it in another USB.

I started with top right one and then put the pen drive in bottom usb port. I had to repeat this exercise few times but it will work. After successfull install only bottom two USBs are working. There are some kexts which enable all USB but i didn't test that yet. (Sound is laggy and crappy. I have modified my DSDT and put patched AppleHDA in S/L/E but still no success for native driver). If I enable battery status I loose FaceTime and iMessage. Without battery indicator both work, but you have to use original Apple serial. Didn't have any success faking it. 

Yes I use clover. I finally succeed to use patched AppleHDA. Used AudioID 3. Modified HDEF accordingly in DSDT. Enabled AudioFix, Newway fix and DTGP.

Sound is the same as before when i Used HDADisabler and VoodooHDA. iTunes play great, for example Youtube clean sound but not in sync with picture, mpeg, avi or aother movie formats sound is clean but breaks, have silent pauses..... Only difference with VoodooHDA my builtin speakers do not work. When I insert headphones change is automatical and sound works, but same symptoms.  

Same was on Yosemite 10.10.5. Maverick 10.9.5 sound was working great but then I was still on Chameleon.

Hello.

Lets try it this way. I trust you already have Yosemite or Mavericks installed. It really does not matter as long as you have install el capitan app from apple store in your Aplications folder. Create USB installer via this manual http://www.hackintosh.computer/?p=197change only bootloader. Choose Clover legacy. After application finishes USB Installer rename existing EFI folder on your pen drive to EFI_ORIG or sth. than copy attached EFI folder. Please dont change SMBIOS settings in plist. Change it after successfull install.

That should do the trick. I hope you changed Intel Wifi Adapter for Dell's so you have supported one.

After succefull install, boot from installer, choose your disk where ElCap is installed. Install newest Clover and repeat the same procedure of changing efi with this one.

Let me know if you succeded. Job still wont be done. Then I"ll give you different patched DSDT and modified kexts for audio and different config.plist where you'll finally be able to enter you SMBIOS data

EFI.zip

• Like 3

Hi im waiting for a replacement LCD for my m4400 before i can try files thanks for sharing Daxon can u confirm which graphics card you have? i see mrctll has fx1700 i have 770m. In past i tried osx86 with fx1700m and had no sucess i however have helped two other people with 770m to use osx. Should have LCD this week and first thing i will do is try install using your files thanks again