10.11 on m4400

Digiscales

Install AppleHDA to S/L/E folder with kext utility. Repair permissions before restart. Try this config.plist and dsdt.aml. Everything should be working.

There's a catch. It works only on 10.11.1. I tried many times to upgrade to .3 but even with replacing some files frome time machine I always loose sound.

Stuff.zip

Thank you for the tip. Luckily I have two working ElCapitan instalations on two separate disks. I updated one which is for testing purposes to 10.11.4. I followed all the steps in Mirones patch which is great BTW but with no success. I changed config.plist correctly, i applied two patches to my dsdt.aml and i installed patched appleHDA to S/L/E with KextUtility. Sound is not working. Sadly. If I accidentally succeed I'll post more.

Finally success. Mirone's second AppleHDA patcher (v.1.2 ) (1.1 did not work) did the trick. Patched my DSDT with provided two patches, config plist  modified with audio layout 3 and two kexts to patch. That was it. Sound working perfectly again. Thanks Jake Lo for suggestion. Now I can finally upgrade my "real" EL Cap install.