D830 acting strange.. Anybody have some insight?

gti-rcdn

Did you tried the complete set of files for Clover available here ? The only thing you'll have to edit is the model name in the provided DSDT which is really easy to do :

"model",
                                Buffer (0x17)
                                {
                                    "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M"
                                }

You just have to change it to :

"model",
                                Buffer (0x17)
                                {
                                    "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M"
                                }

Yeah tried those files, few issues.

• VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext is redundant, can be found in ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns
  • VoodooBattery.kext wouldn't work with my system... use APCIBatteryManager.kext instead

​But for the most part those are the files I am using and still experiencing issues returning from sleeping screen, like I said i even generated another config.plist for clover.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I've just realised that the tuned FakeSMC I gave you contained AGPM tuning for the NVS 135M GPU. Can you look at the device id of the NVS 140M as listed in SysProfiler->Graphics/Displays? If, as I suspect, it's not the same as the NVS 135M of the D630, the AGPM tuning section of the kext needs to be adjusted accordingly... This would explain why you're losing GPU throttling after wake.

nVidia Quadro NVS 135M = ven id 0x042b

nVidia Quadro NVS 140M = ven id 0x0429 ?

OK.

I agree VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext may be redundant though I haven't any issue using it so far (TBH, I hardly use the trackpad). VoodooBattery.kext works fine for me but if APCIBatteryManager.kext solves your issue that's what's counts.

But I'm not sure using another config.plist is the right thing to do since it contains DSDT patches that are mandatory to make the USB_Injector works correctly. And you have to make sure that SMBios model is MacBookPro5,1 and nothing else. Also, with the help of other members, I found out that unchecking all Clover fixes solves some of the sleep issues like non-working closing LID.

As a side note, there's a small error in the DSDT from original bootpack for D830 that needs to be fixed cause it may cause a black screen.

And last but not least, remember that you have to set hibernate mode to 0 :

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

@Hervé

The error in the DSDT is still present in both Clover and Chameleon 10.10 bootpacks ;).

• Administrators

Yes, you're right about that DSDT GPU-related error (device-type has to be set to "NVDA,Parent", model is just cosmetic). It's been mentioned before and fixes posted in threads but I don't think the bootpacks were ever modified.

In addition, if hibernation must indeed be disabled, any hibernation file must also be removed from /var/vm. One sure way to avoid creation of such file is to set the hibernation file to null device:

sudo rm -f /var/vm/hibernatefile
sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null

Just a heads up to anyone doing this build... I built my own config using clover included command line. I had my kexts in prebuiltkernel prior to building my own. It didn't include the csractiveconfig key allowing unsigned kexts and after trying again to move fakesmc to library/extentions i ended up with no battery, touchpad, keyboard or audio. csractiveconfig must be 0x03 or whatever it is for unsigned kexts to load. :-P