Can't boot Yosemite Installer e6410-Nvidia

3epicdiamonds

I am unable to boot any version of OS X yosemite(10.10, 10.10.1,...) on my latitude e6410. I have tried both Chameleon and Clover and receive ACPI kernel panics. This is also affecting my El Capitan usb installer too.

Here are some steps I have tried to resolve this issue and they have failed:

• Reset BIOS, Disable VT for Direct IO, Set HDD mode to AHCI.
  • Change Bootloaders from Chameleon to Clover
  • Place AppleACPIPlatform Kext inside Clover kext directory.
  • Have removed AppleACPIPlatform from S/L/E

Strangely this does not affect any distro's I have tried from booting into the installerl, but I would like to install using Patel's guide because the end result is much better than a distro.

My system specs are:

Dell Latitude E6410

i5-560M

NVS 3100M

465GB HDD

6GB RAM

BIOS A16

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Oh and another strange thing I noticed was when opening launchpad or using the gpu there is a slight high pitch noise that is not present on other operating systems. Anybody have on ideas on this/ or are experiencing this on their dell e6410 nvidia laptops? Because I just want to know if this is okay and not damage to the laptop.

how to know if that sound can damage your hardware ?

but for sure, something is wrong.

i know that bad hdmi audio can create noise on external screen when certain sound are played.

but if you have no external screen using display/hdmi port, then, try to reinstall properly.

here a wip of my install:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308765-guide-dell-latitude-e6410-nvidia-wip/