Dell e6420 hanging on boot

someitalian123

I'm not sure exactly why but my dell e6420 is hanging on boot for 10.10. I'm able to get in the OS if I use -v -x on chameleon, but on a normal boot it hangs, here is a picture I took using -v. Apparently it has something to do with bluetooth, but my laptop does not have that feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20151010_003002_zpsy6wfpp5p.jpg

I'm not sure exactly why but my dell e6420 is hanging on boot for 10.10. I'm able to get in the OS if I use -v -x on chameleon, but on a normal boot it hangs, here is a picture I took using -v. Apparently it has something to do with bluetooth, but my laptop does not have that feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20151010_003002_zpsy6wfpp5p.jpg

Issuse AppleIntelSNBGraphics :D.. Crash hd 3000

u have 2 method way 

1. Boot -v -f -x 

mount -uw / 

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext

and reboot install now and reinstall AppleIntelSNBGraphics ( original)

2. Try with Clover :D it is easy but dell uefi have bug firmware T_T

I tried to start over and reinstall 10.10, and I still get stuck on boot. I'm using this bootpack, I tired to follow the instructions but i'm not sure that I did it right

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=6552

I tried to boot using 

-v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes

And it worked but my graphics driver still isn't working, nor is sound. How can I fix this?

Edit 

I see that I forgot to copy over the smbios.plist and the org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Now that I've done that -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes no longer works and I have a new error.

20151010_164200_zpsdi2w3ods.jpg

HELP PLEASE!

Edit 2

I'm no longer getting the sandbox message. I was able to get into the OS using -v -f -x, but I still can't normal boot. Here is the new picture from booting using -v. It doesn't look too different from the first one, but then again this is all greek to me.

20151010_171252_zpsbhvusypu.jpg

Edit 3

I seem to no longer be able to enter the os even on safe mode using -v -f -x

Edit 4

So I booted in to single user mode and I used 

rm -rf AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext

rm -rf AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

to delete my graphics driver, I am now able to boot in to Yosemite, but obviously I have limited graphics. Where do I find the proper Intel driver and if there is a special way to install it how do I do that. For whatever reason the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext provided in the bootpack doesn't work

Edit 5 

I used these instructions to install the orginal kexts but it still didn't solve anything, I don't know how to get my intel hd graphics 3000 to work

http://www.tonycrapx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/150458-restore-original-kexts-patched-appleintelsnbgraphicsfb-kext-appleintelframebuffercapri-kext-mistake-using-multifail.html

Edit 6

I tried Clover as Gia Cat Lang recommended and all I got was a kernel panic when trying to boot, so I reinstalled Chameleon, I'm back to normal but still no closer to getting my graphics card working what am I doing wrong? 

• Moderators

You need to select the DSDT in /Extra that's right for your system's specs and rename it as DSDT.aml.

What is your system's specs?

Do you have only HD 3000 or has nVidia NVS4200m as well?

What is the display resolution?

If you have just the Intel HD 3000 with 1366x768 resolution, then select DSDT-E6420.aml and rename it to DSDT.aml

If it's higher resolution like 1600x900, then select DSDT-E6402_2ch.aml and rename it to DSDT.aml

If you have the optimus, then select DSDT-NVS.aml and rename it to DSDT.aml, make sure to disable Optimus in the BIOS.

This is all specified in the guide.

The thing is, I already did this, I only have intel hd graphics 3000 and the res is 1366x768. I renamed the DSDT-E6420.aml film to DSDT.aml and I moved it to the /Extra folder, but my graphics driver still won't load

Edit

currently trying to update to 10.10.5 so I can try the updated kexts for 10.10.5 to see if they make a difference. will report back when done

Edit 2

After the update my graphics driver is suddenly working. Have not even installed the updated kexts from the guide thread. Everything seems to be working fine now. Only issue that I've noticed is the battery indicator doesn't seem to appear.

Edit 3
works fine
Forgot to change NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.bak now that i've done that the battery indicator works fine