D630 - El Capitan

Guest Jief

Hi all,

I managed to have a Dell D630 nvidia working perfectly so far (it's new, so maybe some surprises ahead...).

The only small thing I would like to fix is the power button that doesn't put the computer to sleep. The button is seen by Os X ! if I press Ctrl + Power Button, the restart-sleep-shutdown-disalog appears.

Here's my ACPI ?

Device (PWRB)
            {
                Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))
                Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x17, 
                    0x04
                })
                Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
                {
                    PSW (Arg0, One)
                }
            }

I tried to change _HID to _CID as I found on forums, but when I do that, the button doesn't wake the computer anymore.

Thanks,
Jief

• Administrators

Afaik, you don't need to press Ctrl at all. To put your D630 to sleep, you press PWR button a couple of seconds or you close the LID or you press Fn-Esc. The laptop will then sleep within a few seconds, provided you've disabled hibernation and removed any sleep image file of course.

I have the same issue with my D630n running 10.9.5, using Hervé's latest "Extra" folder for my model from the stickied thread in the D630 forum. Power dialog pops up fine with just the power button on my X3100 D630 on both Lion and SL, but it won't work unless I'm holding Ctrl on this machine. Do the power button methods differ between the D630 intel and D630 nvidia DSDTs?

@Hervé : Ctrl + Power to show a dialog instead of going to sleep is normal behaviour for Os X on real macs.

@djblastyfone : power dialog should not pop up when you press power button alone. Is that really what happens on you D630 intel ?

BTW, you have installed X.9 on D630 + X3100 ? I read somewhere that there isn't graphic driver anymore. Am I wrong ?

Send me your DSDT...

jief

• Administrators

If you want to use the power button to put your D630 Hackintosh to sleep, press it down 2 to 3 seconds. The screen will go to sleep, there will be some disk activity for a few seconds, then the laptop will go to sleep and the power LED fade in and out. The alternative to put your D630 to sleep is Fn-Esc or close the lid. This does require that you disable hibernation beforehand (and removing any sleep image from /var/vm is also required to avoid issue on reboot).

If your computer is asleep with lid opened, press PWR button to wake it.

@djblastyfone : power dialog should not pop up when you press power button alone. Is that really what happens on you D630 intel ?

BTW, you have installed X.9 on D630 + X3100 ? I read somewhere that there isn't graphic driver anymore. Am I wrong ?

Send me your DSDT...

Hi Jief,

I have two D630's, one low-res x3100 running Lion + SL and one high-res nVidia model running Mavericks, sorry for the confusion (bought the nVidia one off eBay and they sent me the Intel, which the seller let me keep after sending me the correct one since it "wasn't worth the cost of shipping").

The X3100 model on Lion puts up the power dialogue when the power button is pressed, the nVidia model on Mavericks does not unless I hold Ctrl at the same time. I've attached the DSDT for the x3100 D630 if you still want to take a look!

DSDT_D630i.aml.zip

Hi all,

long time no see, but still there. After a lot of digging, I think the problem is that OS X cannot detect a long press on the power button because of a hardware difference. That's maybe why Ctrl-Power still works. And that's consistent with Lion doing differently. Power button behaviour seems to have changed from Mavericks.

I would have like to use ACPI-Debug on my real Mac to see what's happening in ACPI when you hold the power button (still less that 4/5 seconds because that is totally hardware). I don't know if I can patch DSDT and use Clover on real mac.

Fn-Esc is mapped on sleep button (SBTN, renamed SLPB to match Apple). So also I think Fn-Esc is hardware and Dell dependent.

I end up by swapping Power button and Sleep button in ACPI so when you short press the power button, the Mac goes to sleep. Exactly what I wanted. The only thing is you that lose the Ctrl-Power Button (you can still use Ctrl-Fn-Esc instead).

Here is my DSDT (D630 nvidia).

Cheers,

Jief

DSDT.aml.zip