D630 Nvidia Audio issue

ssprod

Greetings! Cleaned out my office D630 Nvidia which had Mavericks, and successfully installed Yosemite via the Clover Bootpack posted on this site. My only issue presently is frequent audio cutting in and out every second. I've attached the 3 audio kexts that I'm running at the moment. They are contained in S/L/E and I made sure to rebuild the cache in terminal.  In the interim, I've also installed Windows 7, to rule out the possibility that there may have been a hardware issue. Audio is fine under Windows. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

ssprod

D630 Audio Kexts.zip

Greetings, still not feeling the love with the present audio issues. A complete re-installation renders the same status. Audio signal is active for 2 seconds, then cuts out for 1 second. Did not have this problem with Mavericks. Have tried Voodoo 2.8.6, 2.8.4, and also have also run EDP7 to see if that would result in any improvement. Has any1 else experienced this issue? Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Audio should work fine with most if not all recent VoodooHDA v2.8.x. That's what I currently use but, unlike you guys, I'm booting through Chameleon/Enoch. Enoch r2795 works perfectly to boot Mav/Yos/EC on the D630n.

Please post your respective Extra folders guys. There should be no AppleHDA kext in /E/E and the latest vanilla version provided with 10.10.5 (build 14F1509) is 272.18.3. @ssdprod, you posted a version v272.18.1. VoodooHDA only works if you disable AppleHDA, hence the disabler kext.

Make sure to follow the instructions listed here.

One old thing comes back to me... Do you guys have a DW350 (dev id 0x8103) Bluetooth module at all? That was known to interfere with audio, unlike the DW360  (dev id 0x8140) model. If you have the DW350, consider replacing by DW360 or disabling in BIOS.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1824-bluetooth-adapters-latitude-d-series-inspiron-laptops/

NB: Just to be sure, I've (re-)tested audio with other VoodooHDA versions such as v2.8.1, v2.8.4, v2.8.6 and v2.8.8 and there are no issues at all.