[Solved] I need a Mavericks installation app that will work with MyHack

SeanOMik

I really need a Mac OSX mavericks .dmg or a .app that will work with my hack. I have been searching for about 4-5 hours for one that will work. Im trying to install Mavericks on a Dell Latitude D830. please help! Also if you have a video or documentation of how to install Mac OSX on a DELL Latitude D830 please post it, Thanks...

[EDIT] 

Im using Niresh Mavericks 10.9.5 on virtualbox (emulator) I cant download mavericks from the appstore, alot of tuturials tell me to do that but I can't. I tried the niresh dmg on the laptop and it gets stuck on a msg saying, "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport. If anyone know how to change the bootloader or make it work with the DELL Latitude D830 please tell me!

MyHack will work with almost any .dmg you throw at it IIRC.

Missing Bt Ctrl is caused by video card, or VT-d in bios. But I had it also when forgot to copy FakeSMC to installer.

Anyways you should skip distros and go Vanilla as much as possible.

• Administrators

Best thing to download is a legit copy of 10.9.5 off the AppStore.

Boot hanging at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport..." means your nVidia GPU is not properly recognized with the distro you used, whereas it would be fully recorgnized OOB with a vanilla installer. There is no VT-d BIOS parameter on the Latitude D830, so you can rule that out. Conclusion: avoid using a distro, it's obviously not suitable... 

• Like 1

If you install an older Niresh distro in a virtual machine and you have an existing Apple ID - you will be able to login to Apple store via the virtual machine and download any of the newer free Mac OS X versions. You might want to setup your Apple ID first via iTunes for Windows.

Then you can use the virtual machine with the downloaded vanilla copy to prepare your bootable USB.

Ok everything goes well but then the screen froze at the OSXLatitude boot logo. So then I held the power down, and went to the chamelon boot screen pressed space on the osx install USB. then at the bottom it says "Boot:                                 " so then i typed -v then pressed enter, then it stops here....

CLICK HERE!!!

• Administrators

Initial issue obviously solved. Please open up a separate thread if you have issues. However, most matters have long been discussed wide and large for these D Series laptops, so please use the Search forum facility and read up existing threads beforehand to try and find an existing solution.