Dell Latitude 3440 help

kirev

I used the guide on my Dell Latitude 3440. I got working Yosemite 10.10.5, except audio and the HD4400 is recognized as 4MB and I cannot change brightness (sleep does not work too). What next? The audio card is ALC3223, but on other forum is said that it is ALC283 in fact...

Any suggestions how to proceed?

And great job, folks! Seems the best forum for my laptop :)

• Moderators

Okay, make a copy of your files before replacing with the attached.

• Place DSDT/SSDT-7 to /Clover/ACPI/Patched
  • Run ssdtPRGen.sh from terminal to generate SSDT for your CPU and place in same folder
  • Replace Config to /Clover
  • Place the 2 kext in /Clover/Kexts/10.10 or Other, which ever folder you are using
  • Install the kexts in SLE to /System/Library/Extensions
  • then repair permission and cache with following command in terminal

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

If you have install any other audio kext, remove remove and restore to the vanilla kexts.

Latitude 3440.zip

• Like 1

Thanks a million! Followed the instructions and now, after scrambled screen (nothing to worry about) - brightness seems to work from System Preferences, but the function key for lower brightness (F4) gets stuck and the screen is blacked out, graphics card shows HD4600 with 1,5GB (and it is FAAAST), sleep is the same (turns off the screen but seems on) and for the audio it says:

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC283.kext†was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

What should I do next?

I tried to fix permissions and rebuild cache, install it with Kext Wizard and fix perms and cache from there, but to no avail :( I do not have voodoo, applehda, ALC or anything with audio in loaded kexts...

aaaanndd thank you!

Edited by Hervé

So, THANK YOU A LOT, Jake Lo. Thank you. My machine works really good, graphics, audio, ... You are really helpful (and I should notice that all .kext files are loaded...). Again, any way to donate to osxlatitude or cause of your choice? I can paypal a beer or two, really :)

I followed the same on El Capitan for latitude 3440 but there still seems to be the problem with audio,, every other thing is working.. except the audio.. And the brightness control is strange.. its always at max on start and when in try Fn+f4(bright down) the brightness continues to decrease even if I press it once but stops to decrease once i press Fn+f5(bight up).

• Administrators

For audio, you may try VoodooHDA v2.8.9 or patched AppleHDA for ALC283 codec. For the latter, it's very easy:

1. copy to /L/E the CodecCommander + AppleHDA_ALC283 kexts provided in JakeLo's zipped archive of post #4
  2. copy the on-the-fly AppleHDA patches provided by JakeLo in the Clover config.plist of his zipped archive to your Config.plist
  3. repair permissions and rebuild your cache

On reboot, you'll have audio.

I copied the kexts to /L/E. then copied the patches by Jake Lo.

But after some moments  got this error message.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC283.kext†was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

then two times

The system extension “/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC283.kext†was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

and after repairing and building the cache and reboot still no Audio.