Dell Latitude 3440 help

kirev

• Administrators

idk i have the same issue on my toshiba satellite but my issue is a stuck up key. replaced the fucking keyboard 3 times always a bad key on it so the stuck up key was the lesser of the 3 evils as the others where worse. but it breaks my damn sleep.

Anyone managed to use https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-el-capitan-clover-guide/to install El Capitan on Latitude 3440? I did, but the Ethernet's not working, no Audio, no sleep&wake, no Bluetooth, didn't check the card reader...

I followed the steps, used bootpack, updated the ALC283 kext, everything... Twice. But to no avail. :(

• Moderators

does your model have Intel or Broadcom ethernet? the bootpack only include the Intel

Bluetooth...do you have Intel Wireless/bluetooth combo card? Is so, they are not compatible, need to be replaced.

audio...reboot without cache, then run the permission fix and rebuild cache. reboot again...assuming you have copied the kexts to /Library/Extensions

Sleep/wake, did you generate own SSDT with ssdtprgen.sh?

• Like 1

It's Broadcom DW1705 for wifi and Bluetooth, Realtek RTL8168GU/8111GU ethernet (it works like that in 10.10.5) . About the audio (which you helped me fix it in 10.10.5 over TV) - I did it few times. Like puting the newest ALC 283 in L/E, rebuild, with and without cache. I moved it to S/L/E, and it is the same. I did ssdtprgen (MBA 6,2), moved the file in the patched on boot EFI, will do it again to make sure it's ok.

Well, fixed the ethernet :) Couldn't fix the audio though, sleep & wake do not work... Anyway, I'm prepared to redo the installation from the beginning. Should I put the Realtek kext on the installation USB somewhere, like /CLOVER/kexts/other/LE and, also, replace the ALC 283 kext file from the guide bootpack with the one that is working on Yosemite in the same folder? Anything else to carry on from Yosemite? And, can I update to Sierra after I get El Capitan going?

And thanks a lot for all the help! You are just fabulous!

Three reinstalls later (with the newest, with mine and the first ALC 283 kext in LE) and still no audio after installation. Maybe I should put it in Other (on my Yosemite it's in SLE)? Or go through MaciASL step.. ah, the ethernet works :)