Dell Latitude 3440 help

kirev

Yes I did. But I tried three quick installs just to check if audio will play at the first setup screens (Realtek ethernet worked in setup screens after I included proper kext in the bootpack, I thought it might be the case with the audio, too). But ALC 283 didn't. I'll be more thorough today and finish all. :D

BTW, I tried to use macOS Sierra GM files in your guide (instead of El Capitan), too. It just rebooted at the ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I removed one DIMM, but to no avail, so I reverted to El Capitan ...

Went through the full setup. Audio still does not work :( I did notice that layout thing in DSDT is different, changed it with maciASL (like in a post above), but when I tried to compile, I got 14 errors... I commented out the lines with errors, compiled it and IT WORKED. 12 GB RAM on external SSD and it's faaaaaast (will move the disk inside nowadays :)

But the track pad just stopped working (had to use a mouse instead). It fixed itself after reboot. Didn't test sleep&wake, though.

Huh, I noticed in the Guide that there's no sudo in front of ./ssdtPRGEN.sh? Is it needed?

Now I'm downloading macOS Sierra from AppStore. We'll see what'll happen. 

Jake Lo, THANK YOU! Again and again.

FYI, no success with Sierra... Any good guides for upgrading through AppStore? Should I keep all the kext/other? Should I put there also the L*/E* kexts ? Or only FakeSMC? RTVariables? And should I boot with or without kexts injected? I use the newest Clover, btw, and with the EFI I boot into El Capitan, I got reboots when I "Install OS from HD"...