Dell Latitude 3440 help

kirev

• Administrators

Make sure you only have ONE copy of the ALC283 kext, either in /S/L/E or in /L/E (ideally the latter). You've obviously not repaired permissions properly, so use the following Terminal commands:

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

If you get an error at the end, retype the touch + kextcache commands.

Bear in mind that Clover can only patch kexts that are in the cache, so if AppleHDA has not been cached yet, you'll get no sound. I therefore advise you 1st boot without cache, then repair your permissions and rebuild your cache. You can then expect to have audio working at next reboot.

@Herve I still the the not properly installed error after running the last command/statement

tried multiple times.. same result..

I noticed there is AppleHDADisabler.kext in my /S/L/E should I remove it..? I didn't place it there.

• Moderators

Get rid of AppleHDADisabler and VoodooHDA. That's disabling your AppleHDA from loading.

I noticed that the "alc283 kext not properly installed" error comes when the /L*/E* or /S*/L*/E* is changed.. and not on execution of the above command.. however now at random I am getting this error.. but this is random. 

This is normal when you place kexts in any directory. Just run the permission fix and rebuild cache.

Run the last 3 commands until the status 77 is gone.

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

Looking through your Clover Kext folder, assuming you're running El Capitan, you should either use 10.11 or Other, not both. Remove the rest of the folders.

Within Other and 10.11 are 3 graphics kexts, you only need 1, they all do the same, one is newer than the other of course.

So get rid of FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext and FakePCIID_HD.kext and just keep FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

"The system extension “/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC283.kext†was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

This error won't go, I tried the commands and every now and then they just won't work... could it be that the kext you've provided in the zip is only/upto supported on yosmite?