Dell Latitude E6430/E6530 with nvs5200M & HD4000

Bigdog1

First off I would like to say thanks to EVERYONE involved in the creating and maintaining of this site. I have learned a lot and now this this my main site for anything to do with Dell and mac OS.

I have with great pride and detail followed Jake Lo instructions in getting Mavericks Installed on my E6430 with the specs found in my Signature. With such GREAT instruction I was able to get ALMOST everything up and running.

Here are my problem areas and I am here with my first post looking for help.

As per Jake Lo, his setup has everything working. We both have the SAME setup and using his files and instructions I thought all would be well. Well I have no sound. I do not know if HDMI works (never checked it), and most of all I cannot boot using the included DSDT. If I try to use it I get a KP with this in the message "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext". If I remove the DSDT I am able to boot up but I do not know what is missing or whether that is why my sound is not working. I also have some screen flickering going on with safari when i am on a web page and move the mouse on the page. I do not have a problem if I am not on a page.

I do not know anything about editing the DSDT file. I need some help.

Can anyone help with the sound

• Moderators

Welcome bigdog1,

KP with the message "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" is associated with power management. You need to generate a new SSDT for your specific CPU as the one included is for a different CPU. You need the DSDT to enable graphics and audio.

Now, I'm not sure you're following the NVS guide or the Optimus guide. With NVS, you should have HDMI video and audio but lack sleep. You'll just get a blank screen on wake.

With the Optimus guide, the nvidia card is disabled and you'll gain sleep capability with the HD 4000, but loses HDMI as its linked to the nvidia chip.

If you prefer the nvidia graphics, then install NullCPUPowermanagement.kext, this should prevent the KP as mentioned.

Thank you for your reply. I am about to request a patched DSDT but in the mean time have a question. I can understand if you are using a premade DSDT patching might be needed to include your unique pieces to the mix. however if I can create a new one from the machine why do I still need it to be "patched"? Is it because it is being generated from the cpu and not the MB itself so not able to detect the perfs attached to it?

I have been reading about patching DSDT but as of now I am not getting it. Can some one help me out?

Next I have tried using maciASL and it seems very confusing (maybe because I am SOOO LOST!) I cannot make head or tail of it. Is the chameleon wizard so outdated that it cannot be used? It seems to have a much simpler interface though I can't find anyplace to do the patching.

well good people I am back to give and update and ask a few questions.

I have tried to follow all the quires provided and all the tips suggested and this is where I am right now. I have Mavericks installed and it seem to be doing fine.

Almost everything is working.

I boot with flag "GraphicsEnabler=No". I need this so that my Nvidia card works and some how this is the only way I can get my USB ports to show "3.0" in my system report. 

I am still at bios v13 and I have no artifacts. I was not able to get a patched DSDT but things seem to be working with one from Jake Lo's guide.

My problem at this time is SOUND. I would like to use HDMI audio or whatever is linked to the Nvidia card. I was specific in my purchase of this unit to get the Nvidia board. My unit came with a regular screen but I have since then upgraded it to a 1600x900 one from e-bay for $45.00.

What files/kexts do I need to install or what guide do I need to follow to get the sound working?

Also I have removed the dell bluetooth module since I installed the wi-fi/bt card from broadcom. Should I have done that? I really just wanted to see if the combo card was really working. Oh BTW my wifi card is working fine with wireless ac on the 5G band.

Please I am thankful for all the support that I have received and look forward to any additional help

• Moderators

I'm assuming you're on Mavericks 10.9.5 with Chameleon or myHack. Install the patched AppleHDA.kext from this bootpack. Install it to /S/L/E with kextwizard if on the former, place it in /Extra/Extension and run myfix if using myHack. Enable HDAEnabler in org.chameleon.boot.plist if it's still not working.

Jake thank you so much for the audio tip. I think I now have EVERYTHING working. Some of the stuff I have not checked or verified such as HDMI out, nor have I checked on the sleep situation. I am just so happy to FINALLY have a fully working hackintosh.

I am going to enjoy this milestone for a moment and then move on to get Yosemite on another partition that I created on the drive.

I must say though that I could not have done the abobe with out the help of this site. More donations are in order and I will do that right away. Please link me to the donation page.

anyway just 2 more questions and these are asking your professional opinion:

1.   Since I have windows 10 on another drive on this machine, how do I work with keeping "optimus" enabled in the BIOS?

2.   Since I am trying to dual boot, can I or should I update the BIOS to a higher version.