[Solved] Trouble installing EC on E7440

Sorcerer

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

noted there was a new clover version out so tried using that.. 

no go either.

so i followed the Yosemite guide to the letter and built a Yosemite installer (my e6420 was ML initially and has been upgraded to mavericks, yosemite and el cap so i has the 3 install packages on the e6420). 

well Yosemite is not resetting the e7440.. it is going a lot further than El Cap did.. so i will try debug the Yosemite installer and install it first then once i have that 100% i will upgrade to El Cap..   apparently according to what i have read, if you have Yosemite up and running with clover you can just upgrade to El cap strait from app store... 

Any one can confirm this???

UPDATE after adding some kexts to the clover boot loader from my e6420.. i got the installer for Yosemite running   YAY!  still don't know why the installer for El Cap would not run.. but 1 step at a time :)

getting closer at least.. Yos is installing to the e7440 SSD drive as i type this :)

Well hang me upside down, fill me with candy and call me a piñata...

i videoed the panic error.. and it was a memory allocation issue.

so pulled bottom of the e7440 and ram module was in position B.. swapped it to position A and rebooted.. now i can get to the el cap installer..

strange that Yos did not care about the RAM module position, must be something unique to El Cap