dell 6410 can't boot from hdd

tkozdras

• Administrators

24. Open up Terminal (Spotlight search for it or navigate to /Applications/Utilities), type in "sudo[sPACE]" (without the quotes) and drag the correct version of the InstallerPrep shell script to the Terminal window.

do not forget sudo it is what allows authorization.

OK I did it but: No boot device found, although I ran Chameleon to boot from hdd and I don't have wifi. Also installer doesn't start when I inject nvidia script before installation there is black screen and voice in the background to choose the language of the installation

Ok, sorry. It's about HDD. After installing mac os x on hard drive when it has to reboot in order to complete the installation I have to use usb to boot then I should choose HDD to complete installation. And that's the point when I'm choosing HDD to complete the installation I got error mach kernel not found. If I then complete installation using usb  and afterward I install chameleon on HDD on rebooting I got this no boot device found. I think it has something to do with this kernel which can't be found.

• Administrators

did you specify a location path for the kernel in your boot plist. if so either try without the path or add the kernel to the path it's looking for. the path changes depending what os you have installed. also older versions of chameleon do not support latest os.