Looking for help to install El Capitan on Dell E6230

dbanga

Yes, thanks, Jake. I have gotten this far in the installation process of clover and have a question about:

26. Hit Continue, then hit Customize. Select these items:

• Install for UEFI booting only
  • Install Clover in the ESP
  • Drivers64UEFI\OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (DOES THIS MEAN THAT I ONLY SELECT OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and DESELECT the other options within Drivers64UEFI? Or do I include all the files within Drivers64UEFI?)

Hey Jake,

I followed your guide.

USED 32GB USB, E6230 A10.

After the install USB, I boot my computer bios, configure the bios, The reboot with F12.

after selection boot USB device I get invalid partition table, hit ENTER and nothing.

Any ideas?

thanks

OK, I did every step correctly to set up my bootable USB Drive, prepared using the El Capitan Clover Guide. I chose the correct EFI folder too. I set up my bios per the instructions in the document on my Dell Latitude E6230 / 8GB RAM / 256GB HDD / Core i5-3340M 2.70 GH. When I try to boot by pressing F12 and choosing the USB drive in the list, I get screen that says 'Invalid partition table!"

Any suggestions? It will not boot into clover. 

OK I'm stuck. I I don't know how to get past this invalid partition table screen. I did everything right in making my usb stick. The troubleshooting you mentioned was to do a low level format and remake the installer usb disk? I don't know how to do a low level format on a mac. The USB drive is brand new and it works well. Good brand... HP. I am not sure why I would need to reformat at low level or if that is truly the problem. 

Can you offer any other suggestions? I really appreciate it!

• Administrators

well sometimes it helps clear out any issues with previous disk formats. try a security wipe on it in OS X then format it guid install your boot loader and see if it boots to the boot loader before remaking the installer. if guid does not work then format it as mbr partition and reinstall the boot loader. the point is to make sure it boots a boot loader before you waste any more time.