Looking for help to install El Capitan on Dell E6230

dbanga

OK, this is where I am today. Still stuck on Invalid Partition Table! screen

- I went through the guide and created one version with Master Boot Record and it did not boot, then another with GUID Partition Table and it did not boot

- I noticed a change in the post #2 for the EFI instructions. It says to combine the generic EFI with the model I download. Then replace the mounted EFI. I did that too.

Still stuck on Invalid Partition Table screen. 

Are there any other suggestions? Thank you for your help!

Ok, I got this far and am stuck again:

• Launch ssdtPRGen.sh (Included in Tools attached below)
  • Place generated SSDT.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

When I double click on ssdtPRGen.sh, it opens in a text file and does nothing. If I open Script Editor and copy the contents of ssdtPRGen.sh into it and then hit run, I get an error: Syntax Error/Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier. 

It then highlights 'let gXcpm=-1'

I don't see a generated file anywhere called 'SSDT.aml' 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Edgar

• Administrators

The tool is a Linux shell script (hence the ".sh" file extension), not an application per sé. You don't double click it, you execute the script from Terminal. You can open up Terminal, type "sudo ", then drag the ssdtPRGen.sh icon from wherever it is into the Terminal window. That should launch it. 

All details, direct from the creator, here: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh. 1st line under Help Information shows the command line syntax required to execute the script.