Looking for help to install El Capitan on Dell E6230

dbanga

• Moderators

Verify Bios is set to AHCI and you have HFSPlus.efi in Clover/drivers64UEFI.

Sounds like you don't have the EFI folder added to the EFI partition. Try mounting it and add the folder when you're successful booting back in.

Alternatively, you could mount the drive on to another OS X system with an USB to Sata adapter. Then mount the EFI partition and add the folder.

The EFI Folder I created was the generic folder merged with my particular model number, then replaced the EFI folder with this created EFI folder. One thing, when I downloaded the generic EFI folder and the one specific to my model and merged, there wasn't an option to merge the two. I just copied the documents from my specific model's downloaded EFI folder and put them into the generic efi folder then renamed to EFI. This was confusing that there was not a merge option, as the guide was saying to do. I thought I had placed my EFI folder in the correct place, replacing the one on my internal drive. 

Did I do that correctly?

Thanks,

• Moderators

As long as it's copied to the /EFI_Clover/Clover folder and not the root of EFI_Clover, then you're fine.

Only problem I could think of is sometimes Clover Configurator won't mount the EFI partition correctly and mounted the EFI folder in the root of your SSD.

you wrote: Verify Bios is set to AHCI and you have HFSPlus.efi in Clover/drivers64UEFI.

Sounds like you don't have the EFI folder added to the EFI partition. Try mounting it and add the folder when you're successful booting back in.

Alternatively, you could mount the drive on to another OS X system with an USB to Sata adapter. Then mount the EFI partition and add the folder.

I have HFSPlus-64.efi in Clover/drivers64UEFI

Is this ok?

Also, I am set up for a teamviewer session. Would you have time this morning? 

Thank you,

Well, once again I started off from the beginning and followed all the latest instructions. The same thing is happening where, upon reboot, the local Macintosh SSD is not shown as a boot option for OSX anymore. It disappears from the menu. I mounted the EFI folder with the new EFI mounter and everything. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Now it is booting into clover locally on the Macintosh SSD. This is a major good step. Unfortunately, I am only given two options:

- Boot Mac OSX from Recovery HD

- Boot Recovery from Recovery HD

Again, it seems that booting OSX from the local HD has disappeared

At least now it boots into clover locally... without the USB disk needing to be plugged in

any suggestions? Thanks