Looking for help to install El Capitan on Dell E6230

dbanga

• Administrators

Why don't you switch to Enoch bootloader? By far, it's a lot simpler to use than Clover and does not require a driving license or a PhD like Clover so often does. Enoch r2795 works perfectly with EC (and earlier versions). I can pretty much guarantee that it'll boot your EC partition on the 1st attempt.

You just need:

1) a folder called Extra at the root of your OS X installation

2) a subfolder called Extensions in /Extra, where you place your add-on/injected kexts

3) to create your boot plist + SMBIOS plist in /Extra with a tool such as Chameleon Wizard

4) to create a Enoch-specific kernel plist in /Extra

5) to add EC-specific SIP-disabling CsrActiveConfig parameter in your boot plist and set it to 3 (or any other appropriate/desired value but 3 is fine)

Your SMBIOS plist should be set to MacBookPro9,2 or MacBookAir5,2 (generate your own serial number using the 2 x Random buttons):

MBP9,2_SMBIOS.jpg

Your boot plist should be set to something like this:

E6230_boot_plist.jpg

To add the SIP-disabling parameter, edit your boot plist with TextEdit and add the following lines:

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>3</string>
`
For the kernel plist, you may use the file attached below. If you want to cache/prelink your kexts (to speedup boot time), copy them from /Extra/Extensions to /Library/Extensions, repair permissions and rebuild the cache, then set KernelBooter_kexts to No in the kernel plist using TextEdit.

If you use a patched AppleHDA kext, you can keep it in /L/E as long as you remove the original vanilla one from /S/L/E.
  • Like 1

Eureka! It's all working well now! Clover boots locally to OSX, audio works. The problem seems to be that I was entering my Apple ID during the install process and choosing to use apple's vault tech, which was locking up the internal drive somehow. 

Does that mean I cannot use my apple id? This time, I did not enter it during install. All works well. Also, should I not use this 'vault' tech? Or location services? 

Not really sure what was causing the drive to lock but that worked.

Any suggestions on using apple id and choosing their services? 

• Like 1

If I boot from USB all is fine.

Also, I mounted the EFI with the app v3.
Replaced efi folder in the mounted partition on the Macintosh HDD.and it boots fine.

In step 10 in part 3,
All files I load and save is from the mounted efi partition? Or I load from USB and save to the mounted Efi on Macintosh HDD?
Any suggestion?

also, is that ok?

ls-MacBook-Air:~ PL$       sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

Pavels-MacBook-Air:~ PL$       sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

Pavels-MacBook-Air:~ PL$       sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

Pavels-MacBook-Air:~ PL$       sudo touch -f /L*/E*

Pavels-MacBook-Air:~ PL$       sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

Pavels-MacBook-Air:~ PL$       sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_IDT.kext

kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot