Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

Right, the strange thing is the VoodooHDA was working before. Sometimes with boot errors, but always working once I got into OSX!

Found one of my problems: when I installed Myhack, the extension myhack.kext was created in the /S/L/E folder which contains all the kextfiles from the /Extra/Extensions folder. Then I installed EDP3, which creates 0EDP.kext also containing the /Extra/Extensions kexts. :huh: I removed the myhack.kext and it boots again -and it boots even better without VoodooHDA-.

Now I need to get audio working somehow... Any suggestions?

• Administrators

Hi,

Yes, EDP3 does not use 0edp.kext.. that is version 2.x that uses that - version 3.x uses myhack.kext .. so make sure that you are using the right one.

Hi,

Yes, EDP3 does not use 0edp.kext.. that is version 2.x that uses that - version 3.x uses myhack.kext .. so make sure that you are using the right one.

Hi Leon,

You know I'll never doubt anything you say ;) but when I looked at the myhack.kext, the change date was of the day I installed myhack. After I created a new EDP, the change date of 0edp.kext had changed. Can you please tell me how to deal with myhack and the EDP3 tool? Thanks again!

I install via myHack and bootpack on a Mountain Lion release version.

Installation is ok but kernel panic on first run of EDP package. It occurs in dealing with the permission repair etc.

Upon reboot with -v -f, it boots and almost everything works.

Only problem is

1. reboot - not properly reboot and hang

2. shutdown - white screen with cursor. When shutdown button is pressed, it will show up CPU halted but restart shows an error message of failed shutdown.

Any suggestion??